I haven't gotten my "Welcome Email" yet. Is this because of late application?

Watch
niktsu
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi!
So my application was sent to UCAS by my centre about 6 hours after the deadline because of a misunderstanding, and now I have this message on my login page;

'30-01-2021 (00:18) Your application has been sent to UCAS and will be processed shortly. After it has been processed, we will send you a welcome email which will explain what happens next. Once you have this, you can log into Track at ucas.com to check the progress of your application. Use the personal ID in your welcome email as this number may have changed since sending your application.'

I haven't gotten this welcome email that tells me what my next steps are yet. Is this email something you usually get immediately after you submitted your application? Have I not gotten it yet because I'm a late applicant and UCAS needs to know first whether the universities have empty spots left in order to take me to the next step?

Thank you!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by niktsu)
Hi!
So my application was sent to UCAS by my centre about 6 hours after the deadline because of a misunderstanding, and now I have this message on my login page;

'30-01-2021 (00:18) Your application has been sent to UCAS and will be processed shortly. After it has been processed, we will send you a welcome email which will explain what happens next. Once you have this, you can log into Track at ucas.com to check the progress of your application. Use the personal ID in your welcome email as this number may have changed since sending your application.'

I haven't gotten this welcome email that tells me what my next steps are yet. Is this email something you usually get immediately after you submitted your application? Have I not gotten it yet because I'm a late applicant and UCAS needs to know first whether the universities have empty spots left in order to take me to the next step?

Thank you!
It’s likely that you have been classed as a late applicant yes.
UCAS have now finished processing all on time applications and will start processing late applications tomorrow.
You can ring ucas and ask them to check if your application has been flagged as on time or late.

You’ll then need to contact (or better yet have your centre contact) your choices and ask if they’re planning to close your course to late applications. Your centre should also explain to your universities that they’re responsible for your application arriving late.

If your choices are going to close your course then you’ll be best substituting those choices for universities that are accepting late applications.
kookie-bts
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by niktsu)
Hi!

Thank you!
im literally in the same boat as you due to my teacher unprofessionalism he tricked me and sent my reference like 3 hours after the deadline. Due to corona i couldn't even go school to make sure he doesn't make a mistake. Now im not even sure if my first choice will want me and I still haven't got my welcome letter from ucas its been like a week literally im so worried.
niktsu
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
It’s likely that you have been classed as a late applicant yes.
UCAS have now finished processing all on time applications and will start processing late applications tomorrow.
You can ring ucas and ask them to check if your application has been flagged as on time or late.

You’ll then need to contact (or better yet have your centre contact) your choices and ask if they’re planning to close your course to late applications. Your centre should also explain to your universities that they’re responsible for your application arriving late.

If your choices are going to close your course then you’ll be best substituting those choices for universities that are accepting late applications.
Thank you for your reply! It's good to at least know that they will only start tomorrow so I don't have to be anxious about not getting this email. I've just sent an email to the admissions team of each of my choices asking whether they still have spots for late applicants.
Thanks for your advice!
niktsu
Rep:
?
(Original post by kookie-bts)
im literally in the same boat as you due to my teacher unprofessionalism he tricked me and sent my reference like 3 hours after the deadline. Due to corona i couldn't even go school to make sure he doesn't make a mistake. Now im not even sure if my first choice will want me and I still haven't got my welcome letter from ucas its been like a week literally im so worried.
I'm so sorry to hear that. But apparently UCAS is only going to start processing late applications tomorrow so I'm sure we'll both get our emails soon! And things will work out for us!
Roseygirl1234
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I sent mine before the deadline but I don't think I got my welcome email immediately so I would not worry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (312)
84.1%
No (59)
15.9%

Watched Threads