shall i revise or not for my live mocks now and mini exams in may/june????

Watch
casiee__xo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
im soo confused whats going on with gcses 2021 ik we having mini exams but should i revise for it as i had low grades in my nvm/dec mocks so i suggest i should.....

also how could i get high centred grades or teacher assesed grades now as we dont know what to do for our mini exams?.....
something_orphic
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Yes you should revise for it. I am also confused but apparently they should let us know more about whats happening in a couple of weeks time. Or at least thats what ive heard. Just complete your work to the best of your abilities atm and that should help a bit with teacher assessed grades. You could try doing some extra exam questions and send them into your teacher for marking.
a.christiana
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
right now I'm doing the same as you with just online school and mini-test we should do one more exam if we go back to school but there is no GCSE exam. I am revising but not as much but we never know what's going to happen so you should revise a bit but not as hard as you were going to for GCSE. I have done many exam papers and sent them to my teacher to mark as when they want to give my GCSE grade they were also look at that too. EXTRA WORK to send to your teacher is key.
a.christiana
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by casiee__xo)
im soo confused whats going on with gcses 2021 ik we having mini exams but should i revise for it as i had low grades in my nvm/dec mocks so i suggest i should.....

also how could i get high centred grades or teacher assesed grades now as we dont know what to do for our mini exams?.....
If you need help in anything such as sixth form or more stuff with the school you can text me on private message I'm happy to help.
aiwiloistyping
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by casiee__xo)

We still don't know what's definitely going to happen so I'm hoping that we won't even have mini tests, but to get good teacher assessed grades all you really have to do is complete all of your class work and homework as well as you can - it will be used as evidence to support your final grades.
something_orphic
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by aiwiloistyping)
We still don't know what's definitely going to happen so I'm hoping that we won't even have mini tests, but to get good teacher assessed grades all you really have to do is complete all of your class work and homework as well as you can - it will be used as evidence to support your final grades.
I am also hoping that mini tests are not going ahead as i am struggling just attending lectures and doing work let along doing mini tests ****s over so many people.
aiwiloistyping
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by something_orphic)
I am also hoping that mini tests are not going ahead as i am struggling just attending lectures and doing work let along doing mini tests ****s over so many people.
Exactly. I feel so unnecessarily overwhelmed already, so if mini tests happen it'll show that our mental health definitely wasn't the priority.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (21)
6.09%
Uncertainty around my education (37)
10.72%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (40)
11.59%
Lack of purpose or motivation (47)
13.62%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (17)
4.93%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (16)
4.64%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (37)
10.72%
Financial worries (24)
6.96%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (15)
4.35%
Exposure to negative news/social media (21)
6.09%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (10)
2.9%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (35)
10.14%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (25)
7.25%

Watched Threads