Need help on dissertation/literature review

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My topic is on social media and the issues it has on people such as mental health / usage / body image etc

How do I write a literature review?

I have gathered my sources into a literature review table and discussed the information such as methods, relevant findings, conclusion, aims etc for EACH of the different literature on SOCIAL MEDIA and M&H.
This is for chapter one.

How do I go about with writing the information down?

Do I start by saying that in (author 1) literature called social media and adolescent mental health, they identified that depression is high in young women, (gives a quote from source that proves this) then mentions that (author 2) agrees with (author 1) as in their study called social media and impact of adolescents with depression they stated that 20% of young adults in school suffer this and that.. ? Then (my judgment) this shows how the relation of social media and depression is common with young girls because this and that..

Is this how I'm supposed to do it?

If anyone can provide with an example paragraph I would highly appreciate it. I've looked everyone for guidance and information is too complex online.
riley.xx
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My topic is on social media and the issues it has on people such as mental health / usage / body image etc

How do I write a literature review?

I have gathered my sources into a literature review table and discussed the information such as methods, relevant findings, conclusion, aims etc for EACH of the different literature on SOCIAL MEDIA and M&H.
This is for chapter one.

How do I go about with writing the information down?

Do I start by saying that in (author 1) literature called social media and adolescent mental health, they identified that depression is high in young women, (gives a quote from source that proves this) then mentions that (author 2) agrees with (author 1) as in their study called social media and impact of adolescents with depression they stated that 20% of young adults in school suffer this and that.. ? Then (my judgment) this shows how the relation of social media and depression is common with young girls because this and that..

Is this how I'm supposed to do it?

If anyone can provide with an example paragraph I would highly appreciate it. I've looked everyone for guidance and information is too complex online.
For the literature review for my EPQ, I was told to make a table which has 4 columns. First column is article/book title and author, next is how reliable you think the source is, 3rd column is justification of that reliability, and last column is just an overview / brief summary of the article. Ik EPQ is different to NEA's, but I hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads