km_mk2
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
say i completed 2 alevels and an epq due to me having to drop an alevel and all this is because of mental helath stuff i've been going through over the 2 years of sixth form, and as unis require 3 alevels in one sitting, decide to just start over and do 3 new alevels? do unis care if i do 2 sets of alevels? woould they even consider all of my alevels or just the latest set that i do? I've just been going through so much stresss and my school aint helping tbh
WantBeAnonymous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You don’t necessarily need to start over or do 3 alevels.
Look at unis that go by ucas points not grades.

If for example you got a c in your 2 alevels plus the EPQ, that’s 80 ucas points.

I strongly suggest you apply for a foundation year course in order to maximise your chance at getting an offer.

I just had a look at staffs uni website and some of their courses have entry requirements of 48 ucas points (if you take a foundation year) so you can most likely go to university with those 2 alevels
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by km_mk2)
say i completed 2 alevels and an epq due to me having to drop an alevel and all this is because of mental helath stuff i've been going through over the 2 years of sixth form, and as unis require 3 alevels in one sitting, decide to just start over and do 3 new alevels? do unis care if i do 2 sets of alevels? woould they even consider all of my alevels or just the latest set that i do? I've just been going through so much stresss and my school aint helping tbh
The requirement to sit 3 A levels in a single sitting are limited to a small number of courses at some universities. And even then universities will often waive the requirement if there are mitigating circumstances reported by your referee.

What do you hope to study at university?
km_mk2
Rep:
?
(Original post by WantBeAnonymous)
You don’t necessarily need to start over or do 3 alevels.
Look at unis that go by ucas points not grades.

If for example you got a c in your 2 alevels plus the EPQ, that’s 80 ucas points.

I strongly suggest you apply for a foundation year course in order to maximise your chance at getting an offer.

I just had a look at staffs uni website and some of their courses have entry requirements of 48 ucas points (if you take a foundation year) so you can most likely go to university with those 2 alevels
honestly i liked this idea, but I've always wanted to go to a russel group ig and ik i sound idiotic as all of this is my fault plus that russel groups does not = good career opportunities but yeah ig i just wanted to go to one and they all require 3 alevels in one sitting ahah, my previous idea was just to do an extra alevel in a gap year ig but since unis want it 3 in one sitting ig not maybe
km_mk2
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
The requirement to sit 3 A levels in a single sitting are limited to a small number of courses at some universities. And even then universities will often waive the requirement if there are mitigating circumstances reported by your referee.

What do you hope to study at university
My dream was to always study computer science i guess, and not specifically like software engineering otherwise i would've done a software engineering apprenticeship i just like the idea of doing cs and being able to then go fruther into network engineering or whatever I'd like in the future I guess, and yeah I still yet to get letters and proof but i'll get them soon if unis even wanna see why i had to drop a subject and what happened to me ig.
Last edited by km_mk2; 7 months ago
km_mk2
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)

What do you hope to study at university?
hey sorry you stil there?
km_mk2
Rep:
?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.47%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (28)
16.09%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.67%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.79%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (47)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.97%

Watched Threads