Pe gcse help urgent

Watch this thread
Aquasauce
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys
does anybody have any tips about what they did to get a nine in PE Gcse! I would really be grateful for tips on the practicals, what standard where you in each sport and any revision tips/websites etc. For the theory and what you found most hardest! Just anything you think will help.

Thanks
alipurple
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I got a 9 and I was on the Edexcel Exam board.
Theory was my stong point by far. I would suggest getting a revision guide (I got the CGP one) and using that to make flashcards that's how I mainly revised. BBC Bitesize and Seneca learning are the webistes I used to use. I found the levers and axes topic (movement analysis) the trickest but after foing iver it a couple of times it finally stuck.
I never actually did all of my practical assessments due to Covid but I would say of you dont do that sport outside of school make sure you attend the club for that sport at school to get regular practice. However remember that theory is worth more of your grade so you need to do really well in that to get a 9. For long answer questions (9 markers) you could practice making essay plans almost and make bullet points if what you would say to cover each AO (assessment objective in an exam)
Aquasauce
Rep:
Thanks so much that really helped! I’ll define Do what you suggest but for the AQA board!
mazza_m
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Aquasauce)
Hi guys
does anybody have any tips about what they did to get a nine in PE Gcse! I wouH9ld really be grateful for tips on the practicals, what standard where you in each sport and any revision tips/websites etc. For the theory and what you found most hardest! Just anything you think will help.

Thanks
Hi, I got a 9 at GCSE too (edexcel) . A few other people did in my class as well and tbh the most important thing to get is theory. Theory was my strongest, and to revise i just did loads of exam questions, like a lot. You are best spending your time on exam questions and then going over them, rather than writing notes. Also im not sure what the differences between AQA and edexcel is but for me at least i made sure that i just got my course work to the highest standard possible, so for my PEP i think i got 18/20 so i would be happy to give advice on this. Also for the practical, ik you cant now but when you can make sure you start taking videos of your performance asap therefore you will have lots of footage to choose from to ensure that all your technical aspects of play have been met.
Aquasauce
Rep:
(Original post by mazza_m)
Hi, I got a 9 at GCSE too (edexcel) . A few other people did in my class as well and tbh the most important thing to get is theory. Theory was my strongest, and to revise i just did loads of exam questions, like a lot. You are best spending your time on exam questions and then going over them, rather than writing notes. Also im not sure what the differences between AQA and edexcel is but for me at least i made sure that i just got my course work to the highest standard possible, so for my PEP i think i got 18/20 so i would be happy to give advice on this. Also for the practical, ik you cant now but when you can make sure you start taking videos of your performance asap therefore you will have lots of footage to choose from to ensure that all your technical aspects of play have been met.
Hi thanks so much this was really helpful! Would u mind giving any idea of what u did for ur sports and ur like level and any revision tips for theory?
mazza_m
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Aquasauce)
Hi thanks so much this was really helpful! Would u mind giving any idea of what u did for ur sports and ur like level and any revision tips for theory?
So the sports I did were netball, tennis and swimming. I play netball to club level and tennis I have lessons but like I don't really play matches, and swimming I literally just did at school. If i'm honest, when it comes to ur sports obviously you need to pick the ones you actually play, but if you only play say one sport to a really good standard, then rather than picking other ones u play to an okay standard, you are better just picking ones with really easy mark schemes (usually athletics events) because at the end of the day it doesn't matter like what time you get, its your technique. For example, the sports I play are netball, tennis, hockey and athletics. But I chose to do swimming over hockey because it was so much easier to get a better grade. Another thing I did was that I actually collected footage for 4 sports, so I got footage for netball, tennis, swimming and javelin. But then I got my teacher to look over them and choose the best 3. For theory, the main thing I did was practice questions. Like I would say the actual questions in the exam are really easy to answer, but you have to know the content. So, I also used flashcards and learnt the definitions to every word, because generally if you know the terms and what stuff means then you'll do really well. Also idk if u have 9 markers, but that was the longest question for us and that was where I lost the most marks usually, because I used to waffle on, so when you do answer questions, and this goes for all subject, you need to make sure you get straight to the point. I hope that helps (also sorry for the months late reply, youve probs done ur exam already lol)
Aquasauce
Rep:
(Original post by mazza_m)
So the sports I did were netball, tennis and swimming. I play netball to club level and tennis I have lessons but like I don't really play matches, and swimming I literally just did at school. If i'm honest, when it comes to ur sports obviously you need to pick the ones you actually play, but if you only play say one sport to a really good standard, then rather than picking other ones u play to an okay standard, you are better just picking ones with really easy mark schemes (usually athletics events) because at the end of the day it doesn't matter like what time you get, its your technique. For example, the sports I play are netball, tennis, hockey and athletics. But I chose to do swimming over hockey because it was so much easier to get a better grade. Another thing I did was that I actually collected footage for 4 sports, so I got footage for netball, tennis, swimming and javelin. But then I got my teacher to look over them and choose the best 3. For theory, the main thing I did was practice questions. Like I would say the actual questions in the exam are really easy to answer, but you have to know the content. So, I also used flashcards and learnt the definitions to every word, because generally if you know the terms and what stuff means then you'll do really well. Also idk if u have 9 markers, but that was the longest question for us and that was where I lost the most marks usually, because I used to waffle on, so when you do answer questions, and this goes for all subject, you need to make sure you get straight to the point. I hope that helps (also sorry for the months late reply, youve probs done ur exam already lol)
Hi there,
Thanks so much don’t worry about the late reply I still found that really useful! Thanks so much that info was really valuable to me , I really appreciate it. 😁
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (17)
29.31%
Take a gap year (14)
24.14%
Resit my exams (9)
15.52%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (8)
13.79%
I don't know yet (7)
12.07%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
5.17%

Watched Threads