The Student Room Group

i want to gather a lot of opinions so please write your own

what would you consider an easy stress free gcse subject in comparison to things like physics and maths to study along AS Arabic AS math and gcse human bio i am thinking in business studies ... i also love english so i am thinking in english lit but i am afraid it has a lot of content
i am fully aware that of course any subject will require effort but i just wanna know your point of view
(edited 3 years ago)
Rs was really stress free for me, computer science is as well. However I find computer science a little dry.
Reply 2
Eng lit - I found it really easy to understand and write since it is just context and opinion.
I’m finding food-tech very stress free as I don’t have to force myself to study. I love it anyway and everything sticks in my head. :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by summerberry19
I’m finding food-tech very stress free as I don’t have to force myself to study. I love it anyway and everything sticks in my head. :biggrin:

well i only know this subject is related to biology and cooking which i insanely love both but i've also heard it has some sort of practical work during the course thats extremely time consuming ... so is that true from your experience and as i've mentioned above the subjects i'll be taking will require time but i am an egyptian so arabic AS will be a piece of cake for me
Business and DT. The work was easy and was kept within the lesson with very little hw outside. This definitely helped with school-social balance.
Religious studies - must be the easiest GCSE available.
History and RS.
English Literature is a breeze
Original post by boklibody
well i only know this subject is related to biology and cooking which i insanely love both but i've also heard it has some sort of practical work during the course thats extremely time consuming ... so is that true from your experience and as i've mentioned above the subjects i'll be taking will require time but i am an egyptian so arabic AS will be a piece of cake for me

The practical work is just as fun as the theory, in my opinion! I don’t mind spending time on it as it serves as my hobby too :biggrin:
I don’t think it’s nearly as time consuming as art-based subjects though. I do GCSE food tech at school and we get the practical work done in one hour! Good luck though! :hugs:
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Religious studies - must be the easiest GCSE available.

no way ahah i found it quite difficult...maybe we did different am boards or my teacher was a really harsh marker..
Original post by vix.xvi
no way ahah i found it quite difficult...maybe we did different am boards or my teacher was a really harsh marker..

I did the old spec GCSEs so that might be a reason too
personally I found geography the easiest gcse. There's a few basic concepts and case studies to learn but after that the exams r piss easy, so long as ur ok at describing/ explaining things
I'd say Maths but that's compulsory, but apart from that Computer Science and R.E. - you just have to memorise and you'll do great.
English Literature is tough though, at least for me. I find it difficult to memorise all of the quotes and analyse, but that's because I'm a logical thinker (which is why I'm better at Maths, Computer Science, Physics, etc.) so making up potential meanings is what I struggle with. However, any subject that you enjoy should be relatively easy, or at least better in terms of understanding the content.
Maths is low stress, so is philosophy/religious studies. Also, geography is fairly low-stress but does require a little bit of revision.

Quick Reply

Latest