The Student Room Group

Fear of Breaking up

I have such a big fear of losing my bf or that we break up. I think it’s more because I’m falling in love with him and that brings the fear of being hurt or losing them.
Ask yourself why you have this fear. Then ask yourself if there is anything about your boyfriend which triggers this fear. As you use this line of though you get rid of your anxiety. Let yourself fall in love but also rationalise your thoughts.
Reply 2
Original post by Smokestar
Ask yourself why you have this fear. Then ask yourself if there is anything about your boyfriend which triggers this fear. As you use this line of though you get rid of your anxiety. Let yourself fall in love but also rationalise your thoughts.

Thank you, yeah. I really really like him but I think I just more so don’t want to lose him as I have fears of losing people I get really close to.
Original post by Anonymous
I have such a big fear of losing my bf or that we break up. I think it’s more because I’m falling in love with him and that brings the fear of being hurt or losing them.

You shouldn’t really be in a relationship if you’re unable to be by yourself happily first... is it fair for him to not have these feelings and you do? He essentially has power over your life because your happiness and state of mind depends on him and you are the one who is supposed to control you. Bring yourself up, address the issues you have in yourself and deal with them, make peace with them too before you bring someone into your life to mask it. Deal with the void, feel ugly? Go gym, practice better makeup, if you want fillers? Do it. Empower yourself and make yourself in control of yourself. Scared of losing people? Why? The people you’ve lost weren’t scared to lose you clearly. Have self importance like they do too. Your not bottom barrel and you shouldn’t let people have more importance in your life than your own self!
Reply 4
You shouldn’t really be in a relationship if you’re unable to be by yourself happily first... is it fair for him to not have these feelings and you do? He essentially has power over your life because your happiness and state of mind depends on him and you are the one who is supposed to control you. Bring yourself up, address the issues you have in yourself and deal with them, make peace with them too before you bring someone into your life to mask it. Deal with the void, feel ugly? Go gym, practice better makeup, if you want fillers? Do it. Empower yourself and make yourself in control of yourself. Scared of losing people? Why? The people you’ve lost weren’t scared to lose you clearly. Have self importance like they do too. Your not bottom barrel and you shouldn’t let people have more importance in your life than your own self!

Thank you omg! Yeah I think one of the problems is because I don’t love myself as much. I do want to feel independent but obviously I will feel sad if we broke up
Reply 5

Is this raelin
Reply 6

Dont log out ism not dumb
Reply 7
Original post by Rworton
Is this raelin

No?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending