The Student Room Group

Should I self study for 3 AP exams to meet UK entry requirements? (American Student)

You might have seen my previous post on this platform concerning some issues I am having with UK university entry requirements. I have no problem achieving a good score on the SAT, but I do not have access to any AP courses as my school does not offer them. I am taking college classing at my local community college instead.

I am highly considering self studying for 3 AP exams (probably chemistry, biology, and one other). This seems like an absolutely stupid thing to do, but I am really worried unis will not give me an offer because of my lack of APs.
Note: SAT subject tests have been canceled indefinitely.

Would this be worth it?

By the way, I would be applying to uni in 2022 for the 2023 school year, and I am planning to major in biochemistry.
Honestly, it may be a good idea. Not only will it improve your chances at admission but it will also put you at a much better place to actually start. If the course requires the respective A-Levels and you don't even have AP then you may struggle
Reply 2
Original post by melancollege
Honestly, it may be a good idea. Not only will it improve your chances at admission but it will also put you at a much better place to actually start. If the course requires the respective A-Levels and you don't even have AP then you may struggle

Thanks for the advice. I am still considering it. The best thing for me to do would be to get off this forum and consult with my academic counselor, but I just know she will think I am absolutely insane :frown:. I very much dislike communicating with her only through email, I always feel like I am being bothersome! Well anyways, thanks again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending