The Student Room Group

gcse music or gcse drama

i need to choose between music or drama for gcses, but i want to be a doctor so i don't see how either of them could benefit me
but i have to choose on, so which one is better?
id say i like them both equally so im not sure
Do you like English?
Yes --> Drama
No --> Music
Original post by Vapordave
Do you like English?
Yes --> Drama
No --> Music

yep i love english, especially like shakespeare and stuff
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
yep i love english, especially like shakespeare and stuff

You won't have issues with Drama then. Going into GCSE you have to analyse plays and stuff so if you're good at that then you're grand :smile:
You won't have issues with Drama then. Going into GCSE you have to analyse plays and stuff so if you're good at that then you're grand :smile:

ok ty (:
but i play guitar and i write songs so im quite a musical person, so im torn between the two subjects
my teachers said there's a slight possibility i could do both, or maybe do music btec after school
ok ty (:
but i play guitar and i write songs so im quite a musical person, so im torn between the two subjects
my teachers said there's a slight possibility i could do both, or maybe do music btec after school

Ah, that makes it more difficult.
I'm pretty biased since music is very close to my heart but the GCSE is a really good way to get a strong foundation in music theory and different kinds of music, which is good for song-writing.
Ah, that makes it more difficult.
I'm pretty biased since music is very close to my heart but the GCSE is a really good way to get a strong foundation in music theory and different kinds of music, which is good for song-writing.

i think ill just have to hope i can do both, or the btec
because they're both subjects that i like and i could see myself enjoying both, so im conflicted
thank you for the advice though (:
i think ill just have to hope i can do both, or the btec
because they're both subjects that i like and i could see myself enjoying both, so im conflicted
thank you for the advice though (:

Anytime. Good luck :smile:
Reply 8
ok ty (:

As a fellow guitarist who took music gcse, it's not all fun - performing and composing is great don't get me wrong, but a large portion of it is music theory, which in my opinion is so dry
Original post by iFlops
As a fellow guitarist who took music gcse, it's not all fun - performing and composing is great don't get me wrong, but a large portion of it is music theory, which in my opinion is so dry

yeah that's what ive heard, im currently leaning more towards drama tbh

Quick Reply

Latest