The Student Room Group

prom

It might be cancelled again but I don’t care I’m excited, what are you guys wearing to prom?? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

damn.. people think about prom in a pandemic?
idek what prom is
honestly prom is overrated
Original post by elscha_bandito
It might be cancelled again but I don’t care I’m excited, what are you guys wearing to prom?? :smile:

Seriously?
prom in a middle of a pandemic?

:s-smilie:
are you joking?:eyebrow:
(edited 3 years ago)
Are you in year 11 or 13? I mean either way I doubt there will be one, we are in a pandemic after all. (Plus it's overhyped).
But if you really want prom you could still dress up and host a virtual party or if you can wait, organise one with your friends later in the year (or maybe even 2022).
Reply 8
It will probably bee some gathering over zoom, most certainly won't happen this year as big gatherings aren't allowed.
can someone pls explain to me what prom is lol
Original post by BluMoon06
can someone pls explain to me what prom is lol

let me show you what a Prom is

Spoiler

Original post by HaydenFordz
let me show you what a Prom is

Spoiler

sounds horrible :indiff:
going to a dance with people and socializing lol
Original post by huda.farooqui
damn.. people think about prom in a pandemic?

its a waste of time and money

yes, the opposite of what I like lmfao

i thankfullhy didn't have to go to mine
also why is it so important to have a "date" for this bulshtty event?
Original post by ADarling

haha lucky lol
idk wouldnt it be better to go alone and eat food in the corner lmao
its ok to be exited about it, but it probably won't be the same as in the other years

maybe get a dress you can easily wear again? for my yr11 prom I got a midi strapless black dress and this year Im thinking of getting a red maxi

also it probs won't be the whole year, but maybe by the summer you can meet with a small group of friends so you could have your own - it would be so fun to go out to a restaurant in your dresses then go to someones house after if that's allowed
Original post by ADarling

We didn't have to take a date to ours, I think that's more an American thing but im sure some schools adopt a similar policy. I went alone and just met friends there.

From my experience there was very little dancing going on, I spent most of it standing outside chatting to people along with most of the year group virtually the only people dancing were the teachers and that's because they were drunk so didn't care
Original post by Fresher18
We didn't have to take a date to ours, I think that's more an American thing but im sure some schools adopt a similar policy. I went alone and just met friends there.

From my experience there was very little dancing going on, I spent most of it standing outside chatting to people along with most of the year group virtually the only people dancing were the teachers and that's because they were drunk so didn't care

oh lol that doesnt sound too bad
do girls have to wear dresses? is there a policy or some shiz?
oh lol that doesnt sound too bad
do girls have to wear dresses? is there a policy or some shiz?

It wasn't too bad, most of the girls wore dresses some were the traditional prom dresses but others were just smart dresses that could be used at other times, there were even a few that wore suits. My school didn't have a policy that I remember, every year they had a theme but that was more for the decoration of the venue

Quick Reply

Latest