The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Accommodation for insurance offers

So i’m a little confused, i’ve googled everywhere and this is my last resort. I’ve confirmed my insurance offer for UWE and with covid etc it looks like this is where i’m going to be attending in september. i’m not allowed to apply for accommodation within halls as i’m an insurance offer holder, so where do i stay? I can’t afford the private accommodation of £200 a week?! Even with grants etc... so do i apply for accommodation through clearance? I’m so confused and the website isn’t helping.
Reply 1
Original post by hannahamy22338
So i’m a little confused, i’ve googled everywhere and this is my last resort. I’ve confirmed my insurance offer for UWE and with covid etc it looks like this is where i’m going to be attending in september. i’m not allowed to apply for accommodation within halls as i’m an insurance offer holder, so where do i stay? I can’t afford the private accommodation of £200 a week?! Even with grants etc... so do i apply for accommodation through clearance? I’m so confused and the website isn’t helping.

Why can’t you apply for accom as an insurance ? Try calling the uni and asking
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Original post by Tashax2
Why can’t you apply for accom as an insurance ? Try calling the uni and asking

I emailed and the Uni said no, that because it’s not my “firm” i’ll have to go into private, but as a first year - with no friends, living in a new city, paying £200 a week rent. surely that can’t be right???
I emailed and the Uni said no, that because it’s not my “firm” i’ll have to go into private, but as a first year - with no friends, living in a new city, paying £200 a week rent. surely that can’t be right???

this is why i'm hesitant about putting UWE as my insurance as i don't was the stress of private accommodation aswell
Reply 4

That’s like me an Nottingham Trent I can’t apply for accommodation until results day if they’re my insurance!! So unfair
Original post by joeljacob
this is why i'm hesitant about putting UWE as my insurance as i don't was the stress of private accommodation aswell

on the website it says ‘accommodation is guaranteed for all undergrads’ so i didn’t really read to much into it, it’s such a good insurance uni for the course i wanna do but this entire accommodation thing has reallllly pissed me off. i regret putting it as my insurance choice tbh.
Original post by Tashax2
That’s like me an Nottingham Trent I can’t apply for accommodation until results day if they’re my insurance!! So unfair

it really is, especially with covid etc, i’ve never even been to the uni, and now apparently i’ve gotta move into a house with strangers, and pay double what people who live in halls would?
This is a crazy situation. If your maintenance loan won't even cover your rent, let alone anything to eat, how on earth can you consider studying here?
Reply 8

Look into alternatives, spare room apps, people renting spaces, shared homes where the landlord or property management can help you find people that are decent. Go on places like onthemarket.com or other places where you can find private places, you might live somewhere slightly less to your taste or un-conventional but you should be able to find a spot, good luck
Original post by Burgmeister
This is a crazy situation. If your maintenance loan won't even cover your rent, let alone anything to eat, how on earth can you consider studying here?

i applied for uni back in november when exams in wales were still going ahead - i do best in exams, so i firmed in december before the decision of all exams being cancelled was made. my grades are not high enough for my firm uni anymore so my insurance looks like where i’m off
i applied for uni back in november when exams in wales were still going ahead - i do best in exams, so i firmed in december before the decision of all exams being cancelled was made. my grades are not high enough for my firm uni anymore so my insurance looks like where i’m off

So are you able to approach UWE regarding accommodation if you have now established that you are definitely going there as your insurance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending