Why can I not form an attraction to someone?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Please don’t just say asexual or aromantic im so confused they just don’t seem like possible answers for me. I saw in a comment section that depression can mean you struggle to have attraction to someone and I’m wondering what other explanations there are because i feel like there’s a lot of different factors contributing to my lack of attraction towards people I thought I liked. I’ve always been such an independent person, I’m only 16 btw but I’m so scared of vulnerability and have no self confidence in myself. I’m talking to a boy atm but I’m scared he’s getting impatient and wants to kiss and stuff but I’m just so not ready. Does anyone know any other reasons or have experiences with this themselves?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
um idk but i recon that your nervousness may be it and maybe you could let him know you feel nervous, if hes awful about it hes not worth it but definitely dont do anything that you arent ready to do.
it could also be that you just havent found anybody quite right yet.
youre only 16 and it seems like everybody is doing stuff and meeting people but trust me, there are so many people who have never dated or kissed or anything at that age, try not to worry too much
Smoke&Fire
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I used to have the biggest crush and was rejected. Don't be afraid, if he loves you then he should be able to wait until your ready to start getting romantic. You should explain that you are not ready for that stuff and would like to get closer so you could get comfortable with each other. I'm only 13, and I need to go take this advice, so bye!
xandra_sky
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
If you're not ready then he has to understand otherwise just dump/block him, nobody has the right to force you into anything. Maybe you're simply not that attracted to this guy and there's not yet enough of a connection between you. Some people just don't get crushes very often or feel attracted to many people, it may be a rare occurrence to find someone you actually have that special connection and attraction to and there's nothing wrong with that and it's not asexual at all. Do you get crushes on other people or celebrities?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (155)
41.67%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.55%
No (148)
39.78%

Watched Threads