dw5
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey all,

I am really hoping I can get some advice. So at the moment, I am doing GCSEs and next year I'll be moving abroad meaning I'll be doing IB.

I want to get into computer science. Problem is that my school does not offer that as a subject.

In GCSE maths and science I am performing at around a 6. I understand that this is quite low for IB maths HL and have be advised to take it at a SL. So I am looking at maybe taking History HL, however, I haven't done History since year 9.

The other two subjects I am thinking about doing at HL are business and physics. However, I am really worried that I'd find Physics too difficult. I am currently performing at around a grade 6 and it is my strongest scientific subject.

Basically, I'm really worried about the difficulty of physics and maths. I am also concerned about whether I could do History HL after not doing it for years. I do generally get the highest grades in humanities subjects though.
hairbear190
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Which math are you doing? Applications or Analysis?
Puran_T
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Look at uni requirements for computing but most universities don't ask for computer science at IB. If you don't do computing they'd normally ask for higher maths. Normally for higher maths, your school may ask for minimum 8 at gcse maths to be allowed to do it at higher, because its the hardest subject. Try and work really hard for gcse maths and science and raise them up to 8's so you'll be able to take them confidently at HL
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (405)
52.26%
No (370)
47.74%

Watched Threads