(Offer Holders) Oxford Postgraduate 2021

Watch
saiggn97
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, guys!

Congratulations on receiving your offer from Oxford! I couldn't find a thread for postgraduates to discuss about colleges, scholarships and other similar stuff. So, here's one!
Last edited by saiggn97; 4 weeks ago
kwtkwsk
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi! I haven't got a formal offer yet but an e-mail that I am gonna get one soon. When are we supposed to hear about colleges?
bklynxx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello! Wondering about colleges too and if anyone has heard back.
Jtos
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by kwtkwsk)
Hi! I haven't got a formal offer yet but an e-mail that I am gonna get one soon. When are we supposed to hear about colleges?
According to the website, https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/grad...ision-timeline. It takes 8-10 weeks after extension of offer
bklynxx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jtos)
According to the website, https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/grad...ision-timeline. It takes 8-10 weeks after extension of offer
Ah, okay, looks like we’re in for a wait! I’m only 3 weeks in from offer.
kwtkwsk
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bklynxx)
Ah, okay, looks like we’re in for a wait! I’m only 3 weeks in from offer.
(Original post by saiggn97)
Hi, guys!

Congratulations on receiving your offer from Oxford! I couldn't find a thread for postgraduates to discuss about colleges, scholarships and other similar stuff. So, here's one!
(Original post by Jtos)
Hi guys, what are you going to study and which colleges have you applied to?
Jtos
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I made an open application. Didn't quite understand the college system.

Going for a MSc by Research in Clinical Neurosciences
kwtkwsk
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jtos)
I made an open application. Didn't quite understand the college system.

Going for a MSc by Research in Clinical Neurosciences
Where are you from? What's your academic backgroudn if you don't mind me asking?
Jtos
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Where are you from? What's your academic backgroudn if you don't mind me asking?
I am from Nigeria. A physiotherapist, graduated top of my class, first class, 4 year working experience in a neurological setting, one research paper currently under review
saiggn97
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I had applied by the November deadline and heard back from the office about my college preference a week back. I wanted Balliol, but they are unable to offer a place.
ChristophS
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey guys! Haven't received my offer yet (or rejection lol) but I chose Christ Church. I was really torn between CC and Worcester as leading academics in my field are associated with Worcester, but the daily held formals at Christ Church (as far as Corona allows it) and the college's architecture just were too good to pass on! However, I still sometimes think about whether I should have chosen a rather personal/smaller college. It was like a 49:51 decision haha. But we'll see! Need to get the offer first lmao
kwtkwsk
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ChristophS)
Hey guys! Haven't received my offer yet (or rejection lol) but I chose Christ Church. I was really torn between CC and Worcester as leading academics in my field are associated with Worcester, but the daily held formals at Christ Church (as far as Corona allows it) and the college's architecture just were too good to pass on! However, I still sometimes think about whether I should have chosen a rather personal/smaller college. It was like a 49:51 decision haha. But we'll see! Need to get the offer first lmao
What did you apply for? I picked St Cross as my college
ChristophS
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What did you apply for? I picked St Cross as my college
MSc in Taxation.

That‘s cool!! But you didn‘t hear from them yet did you?
kwtkwsk
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Not from the college, no. But the truth is I'd be happy with other collages too. There are some that I wouldn't like to get, but it's still an amazing course at a top univeristy, so colleges don't matter THAT much.
ChristophS
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Not from the college, no. But the truth is I'd be happy with other collages too. There are some that I wouldn't like to get, but it's still an amazing course at a top univeristy, so colleges don't matter THAT much.
Yeah, I feel you. We only had like 6 college choices. How about you?
bklynxx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I applied for the MSt in Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies at Magdalen. It's really beautiful and the grounds are massive. Currently doing another postgrad degree at Ox and am at a really central college but it's smaller. I like how monumental Magdalen and Christ Church are but Christ doesn't accept from my course. Magdalen is kind of out of the way though so some regret there. If I was funded, I would choose to live out closer to my dept.
Sunlmn
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I received an informal offer for the MSt in English, saying my application was "of a commendable standard" and that I will be receiving a formal certificate of offer "shortly." Has anyone had the same experience? I'm still waiting for the formal offer letter.
Jtos
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sunlmn)
I received an informal offer for the MSt in English, saying my application was "of a commendable standard" and that I will be receiving a formal certificate of offer "shortly." Has anyone had the same experience? I'm still waiting for the formal offer letter.
Congratulations!! I received my certificate of offer 10 days following an informal notification from my dept. Just be patient, you'll receive it
Sunlmn
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jtos)
Congratulations!! I received my certificate of offer 10 days following an informal notification from my dept. Just be patient, you'll receive it
Good to know that this is the standard procedure for everyone, thanks! Congratulations on your acceptance as well!
ampaloompa
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sunlmn)
I'm waiting as well, received a very similar email (for a very different course)! It's been 11 days since I got my informal offer, but i was accepted while others were getting interview invites so I'm guessing they are waiting to send out formal offers all at the same time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (77)
11.83%
Virtual campus tours/open days (158)
24.27%
Live streaming events (52)
7.99%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
9.06%
A uni comparison tool (152)
23.35%
An in-person event when available (153)
23.5%