(Offer Holders) Oxford Postgraduate 2021

Watch
Sunlmn
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ampaloompa)
I'm waiting as well, received a very similar email (for a very different course)! It's been 11 days since I got my informal offer, but i was accepted while others were getting interview invites so I'm guessing they are waiting to send out formal offers all at the same time.
It appears to be pretty much the same email for everyone. Did you also get a link to an invitation to a Zoom meeting with your department in March?
ampaloompa
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sunlmn)
It appears to be pretty much the same email for everyone. Did you also get a link to an invitation to a Zoom meeting with your department in March?
The informal letter appears to be standardised! As for the zoom thing, sounds like a unique arrangement from your department's side - I'm quite, quite far from English :P
Sunlmn
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ampaloompa)
The informal letter appears to be standardised! As for the zoom thing, sounds like a unique arrangement from your department's side - I'm quite, quite far from English :P
Oh ok, then. I can't wait to meet the faculty! So excited!
0hhowinteresting
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, have you been sent a Zoom link from the English department already? And if so was it specific to your strand?
Last edited by 0hhowinteresting; 2 weeks ago
Sunlmn
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 0hhowinteresting)
Hi, have you been sent a Zoom link from the English department already? And if so was it specific to your strand?
Yeah, it's a link to an invitation to a welcome event with faculty members. It was in my informal offer letter. The letter says the event will be for all offer holders (for postgraduate English), not only for my specific strand.
Last edited by Sunlmn; 2 weeks ago
0hhowinteresting
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah, it's a link to an invitation to a welcome event with faculty members. It was in my informal offer letter. The letter says the event will be for all offer holders (for postgraduate English), not only for my specific strand.
Oh okay, do you mean the link to register for the event?
Sunlmn
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh okay, do you mean the link to register for the event?
Yes, that's what I mean (sorry for not being clear!). I registered as soon as I got my informal offer. Have you applied for English (or any other discipline) too?
0hhowinteresting
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes, that's what I mean (sorry for not being clear!). I registered as soon as I got my informal offer. Have you applied for English (or any other discipline) too?
Haha no worries, and yep I also received an informal offer for an English MSt - was just checking there wasn’t some other link that I’d missed!
Sunlmn
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Haha no worries, and yep I also received an informal offer for an English MSt - was just checking there wasn’t some other link that I’d missed!
Oh ok, got it. Out of curiosity, what's your strand? Mine is the 1700-1830 one. I can't wait to receive the formal offer!
0hhowinteresting
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh ok, got it. Out of curiosity, what's your strand? Mine is the 1700-1830 one. I can't wait to receive the formal offer!
The World Literatures strand! Me too - anxiously waiting for the formal offer now haha
Sunlmn
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The World Literatures strand! Me too - anxiously waiting for the formal offer now haha
Oh great! Let's hope we'll be hearing back from them soon.
bklynxx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I received an informal offer for the MSt in English, saying my application was "of a commendable standard" and that I will be receiving a formal certificate of offer "shortly." Has anyone had the same experience? I'm still waiting for the formal offer letter.
Before I received my formal offer, I didn't get an informal one so that's reassuring. Helps to lessen some of the uncertainty. Congrats!
Sunlmn
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by bklynxx)
Before I received my formal offer, I didn't get an informal one so that's reassuring. Helps to lessen some of the uncertainty. Congrats!
Thanks, you too!
AsiaEH
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello! Wondering about colleges too and if anyone has heard back.
Hi! I applied back in November and got an offer from Keble on the 29th of January!
Sunlmn
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Has anyone received a "Survey Invitation" from graduate admissions today which asks you to evaluate the application process?
Arezzo99
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What grade was required for your offers guys ?
Sunlmn
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Arezzo99)
What grade was required for your offers guys ?
Mine was a 3.75 minimum GPA, which I believe roughly translates to a UK first (?).
bklynxx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Has anyone received a "Survey Invitation" from graduate admissions today which asks you to evaluate the application process?
Yep, probably just automated. I think last application cycle I received it before I was made an offer.
Sunlmn
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yep, probably just automated. I think last application cycle I received it before I was made an offer.
I received it after getting an unofficial offer from the English department. The email says something along the lines, "your responses will have no impact on the outcome of your application." I'm like, WTF? I've already received an informal offer! :eek: But I'm pretty sure it's because the offer is informal and the graduate admissions team has not been notified yet.
Pippawatsonn
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey everyone. I got my offer last week for MSc in Psychological Research, waiting to hear back from Lincoln College, don't know if anyone else applied there?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (71)
12.14%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.27%
Live streaming events (51)
8.72%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.4%
A uni comparison tool (136)
23.25%
An in-person event when available (130)
22.22%