(Offer Holders) Oxford Postgraduate 2021

Watch
Visualresource98
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sunlmn)
I received it after getting an unofficial offer from the English department. The email says something along the lines, "your responses will have no impact on the outcome of your application." I'm like, WTF? I've already received an informal offer! :eek: But I'm pretty sure it's because the offer is informal and the graduate admissions team has not been notified yet.
How long after you received the survey did you receive your offer?
(Original post by bklynxx)
Yep, probably just automated. I think last application cycle I received it before I was made an offer.
Sunlmn
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Visualresource98)

I received my (informal) offer before I got the link to the survey. I haven't received a formal offer yet.
Visualresource98
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sunlmn)
I received my (informal) offer before I got the link to the survey. I haven't received a formal offer yet.
Congratulations! Did you apply in November?
Sunlmn
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Congratulations! Did you apply in November?
No, I submitted my application in early January (on the 3rd of 4th, I believe) to meet the January 7 deadline.

I wasn't aware there is a November deadline, to be honest. It must be for other programs in other departments!
Last edited by Sunlmn; 2 weeks ago
bklynxx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm not sure but I know that offers for the program I applied to last year weren't issued to people at different times, so I don't think it had any bearing on that. Applications were all assessed together and decisions given on one day.

I received my offer this year the second week of January after submission mid-November for the Nov deadline. I really think the surveys are automated and are used to gauge your satisfaction with the application process generally and have no bearing on your application and don't reflect whether or not you're made an offer.
dilutesquash
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi! I accepted my offer via the email given in my offer letter but no one has replied (I replied last Friday). Is it worth resending the acceptance directly to the offer email/calling to see if it's been acknowledged?

I don't want to seem paranoid! ๐Ÿ˜†
hadleysharman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by dilutesquash)
Hi! I accepted my offer via the email given in my offer letter but no one has replied (I replied last Friday). Is it worth resending the acceptance directly to the offer email/calling to see if it's been acknowledged?

I don't want to seem paranoid! ๐Ÿ˜†
I had exactly the same thing happen to me. I just resent an email saying that I haven't heard back, and they said they were busy but all was well. For peace of mind you might want to do the same?
dilutesquash
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by hadleysharman)
I had exactly the same thing happen to me. I just resent an email saying that I haven't heard back, and they said they were busy but all was well. For peace of mind you might want to do the same?
Hey! Thanks for replying. I'll wait until Monday and decide what to do. I know the email has definitely sent but I haven't received any further comms from the uni, except for a generic survey. ๐Ÿ˜…

Do you know if colleges start considering you as soon as you are offered a place or do you need to accept the offer first for the ball to start rolling?

Edit: They replied today (Friday)!
Last edited by dilutesquash; 2 weeks ago
bklynxx
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by dilutesquash)
Hey! Thanks for replying. I'll wait until Monday and decide what to do. I know the email has definitely sent but I haven't received any further comms from the uni, except for a generic survey. ๐Ÿ˜…

Do you know if colleges start considering you as soon as you are offered a place or do you need to accept the offer first for the ball to start rolling?
I think the admissions team sending your app to your preferred college/pooled colleges is separate to you accepting. It happens as soon as you get a conditional offer.

I would just pay attention to your offer letter though, which will probably have a date that you have to send in a accept/decline response. This date is likely to be sooner than when you will get your college acceptance. So essentially, you probably have to accept before you get a college response, although the processes are separate.
lha89
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Pippawatsonn)
Hey everyone. I got my offer last week for MSc in Psychological Research, waiting to hear back from Lincoln College, don't know if anyone else applied there?
Hi! I'm also waiting to hear back from Lincoln. It's been just over 5 weeks since I received my offer
dilutesquash
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by bklynxx)
I think the admissions team sending your app to your preferred college/pooled colleges is separate to you accepting. It happens as soon as you get a conditional offer.

I would just pay attention to your offer letter though, which will probably have a date that you have to send in a accept/decline response. This date is likely to be sooner than when you will get your college acceptance. So essentially, you probably have to accept before you get a college response, although the processes are separate.
Thanks!
AugustImpatient
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello all. Slightly different situation for myself: I accepted an offer last year for a History MSt (Modern European History), got into Christ Church, but due to international travel restrictions wasn't able to come over - however, I managed to be one of the lucky few who was able to defer. So, I'm now waiting for October!

Was wondering if any of you had any ideas on ways to connect with other grad students before we get there? A bit concerned that it's gonna be difficult to make new connections as a graduate, seems a bit less involved with college life compared to undergrads, especially at a mostly-undergrad college like Christ Church.
Arezzo99
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey guys , do you know how long it takes from an informal departmental offer to become an official uni offer ?
variksenmarja
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi! Those who have gotten a DPhil offer - where did you do your Master's? Also, congrats to everybody
Jtos
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Arezzo99)
Hey guys , do you know how long it takes from an informal departmental offer to become an official uni offer ?
It varies by department. Mine took 10 days, it might take a while depending on a lot of factors
saiggn97
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi! Those who had applied by the November deadline- Did you guys hear anything about colleges? I had chosen Balliol and I heard from the admissions office about two weeks later that Balliol cannot offer me a place. I haven't heard back back from them yet.
AsiaEH
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by saiggn97)
Hi! Those who had applied by the November deadline- Did you guys hear anything about colleges? I had chosen Balliol and I heard from the admissions office about two weeks later that Balliol cannot offer me a place. I haven't heard back back from them yet.
Hi! I got offered a place by my college about two and a half weeks after getting my offer. It said in my offer letter that the wait can be as long as 10 weeks though.
dilutesquash
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Has anyone been offered a place a Magdalen? If so, how long was your wait time? I'm hopeful, although I know they don't have the greatest number of places for graduates
ke0817
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Definitely following this thread! I got a DPhil offer from the Theology and Religion department on Friday. I put down Christ Church (which was a long shot, but figured I would try!)
Jasy1996
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello Everyone,

I received an offer to the DPhil in English last week, and got my official offer on Friday. Does anyone know if the application portal is supposed to update, or if it will update after we have received our college offer? Mine still says itโ€™s ready for assessment in January.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (71)
12.14%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.27%
Live streaming events (51)
8.72%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.4%
A uni comparison tool (136)
23.25%
An in-person event when available (130)
22.22%