(Offer Holders) Oxford Postgraduate 2021

Watch
amac123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by esw1g18)
Hey I'm an offer holder for Mphil Linguistics, Philology and Phonetics since yesterday
How long did it take for people's college to update them? I put a preference for Balliol
I accepted my offer second week in January and I still haven't heard anything
esw1g18
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by amac123)
I accepted my offer second week in January and I still haven't heard anything
Does accepting the offer quickly affect your college preference?
Livontheedge
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by esw1g18)
Does accepting the offer quickly affect your college preference?
I think colleges might review decisions chronologically. but who knows! In general though, your application should go to your first choice college as soon as you are accepted
mshlf33
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone heard whether they've been nominated for Ertegun or any other scholarships yet?
Zhongren
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is there anyone who have got offers from department of archaeology?
clairebergjo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nightskies)
Has anyone heard anything about Ertegun/other scholarships yet? The long long wait for funding news is going to be torturous...
Agreed!! I got my formal offer for the DPhil in Clinical Neurosciences on Feb. 12 and was so lucky to be ranked highly enough to be put forward for the Graduate School Studentship Competition, but just sitting here waiting and hoping and praying for funding is a killer 😅 Hopefully we get results soon, hope yours are positive! 🤞
Jtos
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by clairebergjo)
Agreed!! I got my formal offer for the DPhil in Clinical Neurosciences on Feb. 12 and was so lucky to be ranked highly enough to be put forward for the Graduate School Studentship Competition, but just sitting here waiting and hoping and praying for funding is a killer 😅 Hopefully we get results soon, hope yours are positive! 🤞
Congratulations! I got an offer for the MSc by Research programme. No funding yet but I'm applying for external funding. Great to meet you
Sunlmn
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just got my official certificate of offer for the English MSt this morning!! So relieved! Now I'm anxious to know my college and if I'm nominated for any funding.
Livontheedge
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by marvin_is_dead)
I did... I worded it carefully haha, figured worst that could happen is that they tell me that they can't reveal that information (I hope, at any rate).
Did you ever get an answer?
Arezzo99
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone got an offer for MSc by research Paediatrics ?
marvin_is_dead
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Livontheedge)
Did you ever get an answer?
Not as of yet. They did say to allow up to five business days for a response, so that will bring us into next week here, unfortunately.
dilutesquash
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kwtkwsk)
When did you get your offer? I'm just wondering how soon after an offer you can heard back from colleges.
2 weeks ago! I don't think there's any hard or fast rule about it though
mshlf33
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone been notified about funding at the same time as receiving their certificate of offer? Or does that usually happen when you receive your college offer?
Sunlmn
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mshlf33)
Has anyone been notified about funding at the same time as receiving their certificate of offer? Or does that usually happen when you receive your college offer?
This is exactly what I've been wondering about. My certificate of offer says nothing special about funding other than that the results of scholarships will be coming out from late February till June. I don't know if the vagueness means that I haven't been nominated.
mshlf33
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sunlmn)
This is exactly what I've been wondering about. My certificate of offer says nothing special about funding other than that the results of scholarships will be coming out from late February till June. I don't know if the vagueness means that I haven't been nominated.
Yep, I'm in the same position. I'm wondering whether departments usually notify nominees before the decision deadlines or if it's standard to have to wait? I'm trying to remain hopeful!
Livontheedge
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mshlf33)
Yep, I'm in the same position. I'm wondering whether departments usually notify nominees before the decision deadlines or if it's standard to have to wait? I'm trying to remain hopeful!
The timeline in the certificate of offer shows that funding decisions might come late We are just into march so some funding decisions might not have even been made yet.
If you really want to be at peace, email your department and ask if you have been nominated for funding.. but even then, they might not tell or not know whether you have been nominated at the division level!
nightskies
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Someone on the main thread said that Ertegun interviews have been and gone... disappointing, just gotta keep fingers crossed for other scholarships!
Sunlmn
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just got an email from admissions saying my college of preference - Balliol - will be unable to offer me a place, but that another college is guaranteed to eventually accept me. Do you guys know what the criteria for admission to a specific college are? Like, do they read your application and evaluate your academic profile? Or is college placement contingent on more "pragmatic" criteria, like finding a balance across disciplines, nationality, etc.?
Arezzo99
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just got an email from admissions saying my college of preference - Balliol - will be unable to offer me a place, but that another college is guaranteed to eventually accept me. Do you guys know what the criteria for admission to a specific college are? Like, do they read your application and evaluate your academic profile? Or is college placement contingent on more "pragmatic" criteria, like finding a balance across disciplines, nationality, etc.?
I am wondering the same
kwtkwsk
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! There are no specific criteria, but colleges often try to be as diverse in possible in terms of study disciplines,level (Masters, Bachelors, DPhil), gender, nationality, ethnicity etc. Some of them also admit little postgraduate students, while some actually have over 300 places for postgrads! Finally, some colleges are more popular than others - Magdalen, Christ Church, Keble or Balliol might be highly oversubsribed, hence have a higher chance of rejection.
Last edited by kwtkwsk; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (9)
23.08%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (10)
25.64%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (18)
46.15%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (2)
5.13%

Watched Threads