The Student Room Group

Childhood Studies Dissertation

Hi,I am trying to get some ideas for my childhood studies dissertation, i am interested in looking at mental health/ SEN and if parenting is a contributing factor for this, any ideas would be appreciated thank you
Original post by 2022grad
Hi,I am trying to get some ideas for my childhood studies dissertation, i am interested in looking at mental health/ SEN and if parenting is a contributing factor for this, any ideas would be appreciated thank you

Maybe you could look at parents understanding of mental health in children or children with SEND- do parents know more than we think? If not, what could be done to change that?
I actually did a similar topic for my dissertation, so feel free to ask me any questions :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Maybe you could look at parents understanding of mental health in children or children with SEND- do parents know more than we think? If not, what could be done to change that?
I actually did a similar topic for my dissertation, so feel free to ask me any questions :smile:

ahhh great thank you!,
i was thinking of going down the route of to what degree does the parental socioeconomic status link to the child's mental health and affecting their prospects
I also think you give a good suggestion of how much does the family really know, so difficult to get the research question itself haha, i am hoping that when i get the actual focus question it will come together. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending