The Student Room Group

Question for 16/17 year old guys

Essentially I have a crush on this guy from school and I have him on insta too but I don't post at all and never really be one to either. Other girls (from school or elsewhere) post and he likes the pic (which I'm fine with btw) but I was wondering do guys care about this sort of thing? Like if I don't post and not have a lot of followers, would that be weird to him and would he think of me any differently? Or does it depend?

Original post by Anonymous
Essentially I have a crush on this guy from school and I have him on insta too but I don't post at all and never really be one to either. Other girls (from school or elsewhere) post and he likes the pic (which I'm fine with btw) but I was wondering do guys care about this sort of thing? Like if I don't post and not have a lot of followers, would that be weird to him and would he think of me any differently? Or does it depend?

For me if you have low followers and 0 posts, i would think you either have low self esteem or you wanna stay lowkey or that you just dont give 2 ***** about social media.......
You're overthinking this, if it were me I wouldn't care if you had barely any followers it shouldn't be a way to judge if you are worthy enough.
Likes, follows and the latter. To me as a guy I find girls attractive if they have a nice personality the last thing I can't bear is someone who is shallow and vain who only cares about looks.
Maybe it would be weird because a lot of other people have tons of followers I know girls have hundreds and even thousands of followers but really at the end of the day does that matter does popularity = a satisfactory relationship with someone?
And if you answered yes and he thinks that way then perhaps it isn't meant to be if popularity means more to him than anything

For me if you have low followers and 0 posts, i would think you either have low self esteem or you wanna stay lowkey or that you just dont give 2 ***** about social media.......
Reply 4
Original post by Wannabevetnurse

So would see see that as a good or bad thing or neutral?
Reply 5
Original post by MysticalHope
You're overthinking this, if it were me I wouldn't care if you had barely any followers it shouldn't be a way to judge if you are worthy enough.
Likes, follows and the latter. To me as a guy I find girls attractive if they have a nice personality the last thing I can't bear is someone who is shallow and vain who only cares about looks.
Maybe it would be weird because a lot of other people have tons of followers I know girls have hundreds and even thousands of followers but really at the end of the day does that matter does popularity = a satisfactory relationship with someone?
And if you answered yes and he thinks that way then perhaps it isn't meant to be if popularity means more to him than anything

I don't know if it means anything to him since he has a thousand followers himself and I'm like the opposite end of the spectrum lmao but he seems really nice anyway when I see him around and the fact that he even accepted my request and requested me back meant a lot ahhahaha
I don't know if it means anything to him since he has a thousand followers himself and I'm like the opposite end of the spectrum lmao but he seems really nice anyway when I see him around and the fact that he even accepted my request and requested me back meant a lot ahhahaha

That's good, I believe girls anyway have better chances than guys at finding someone so i don't think followers matter as much as it would for a guy as I guess guys don't get to choose a girl it's kinda the other way around as well for me as a guy I've been rejected so many times and only because I think well I'm being weak if I just wait on it and then they'll lose interest Idk girls play mind games and test the **** out of me i know that much
Reply 7

You're putting too much value on social media following.

You just said yourself, he seems very nice, he accepted your request and requested you back. If he thought your follower count was an issue, he wouldn't act the way he does with you.

Not everyone has to be on social media. Surprisingly, there's a lot of people who live their lives happily without social media, and arguably happier than people who use it. This is evidence of that, social media makes you doubt yourself and you end up comparing yourself to people based on their following. But followers don't mean anything if the person isn't nice to be around. Heck, some people with large followings prefer people without, because they aren't subject to the same social expectations and act like themselves, instead of an artificial personality whose purpose is to drawn in more followers.
nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
i don't think socials matter , as long aas you have a profile photo (that is you) you'll be fine, thousands of followers don't matter imo. i used to have like 2,500 but i removed the creeps and people i didn't want took it to 420 but i only follow people ik soooo erm i follow 40 people ahaha people think im tryign to be presige but i'd rather have my feed with people ik then randomers. Followers dont matter, dont stress about it
Original post by Valethar

You just said yourself, he seems very nice, he accepted your request and requested you back. If he thought your follower count was an issue, he wouldn't act the way he does with you.

Not everyone has to be on social media. Surprisingly, there's a lot of people who live their lives happily without social media, and arguably happier than people who use it. This is evidence of that, social media makes you doubt yourself and you end up comparing yourself to people based on their following. But followers don't mean anything if the person isn't nice to be around. Heck, some people with large followings prefer people without, because they aren't subject to the same social expectations and act like themselves, instead of an artificial personality whose purpose is to drawn in more followers.

Mapping ppls social media followings irl is a bad idea... I admit I used to have socials and lots of followers but it rlly didn't improve my life. The reverse. U know... social media is a firehose that turns on without ur control at a random time... at some point it backfires on users they do or say something dumb then get death threats, ridicule, hate all kinds of bs. I am happier now that I have scaled down a lot. Nothing positive comes from large-scale social media use but I use it for fam and existing friends network. Almost everyone I know has had a bad xperience from random ppl online.

Even without the inevitable large-scale blowup there's also the daily degrading of life the compulsive checking of socials for vapid "content" and meaningless xchanges that erode irl xperiences.

Just look at the TSR rels board here and how bf/gf's socials habits feature in a large percentage of angsty posts..... u know "gf has 35,000 thirsty IG admirers is her bikini too small?!" and the modern-day Bronte classic "Help me TSR I phonesnooped and discovered bf subscribes to tart's OF page!! She posts almost/completely nude pics and he likes and msgs her! He doesn't luv me! Wat to do... how to control his habit/my angst??" etc. etc.

I wonder wat dudes think when they r surveyed 5yrs after they last subscribed to OF "How much value did u get in life from ur OF sub?" 0-10 points... can u imagine lol! Master teaches at U and so many students ask him how to remove dumb things from socials... his standard answer U can't, it never goes way.. although there r techniques for diminishing the visibility of such mistakes....
So would see see that as a good or bad thing or neutral?

depends on the person irl
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
depends on the person irl

ooooh, look at the vet nurse trying to give some relationship advice😂.
Original post by Valethar

That is actually quite true. Although I have social media I feel a lot better using it without posting tbh
Original post by theoneyoulove
i don't think socials matter , as long aas you have a profile photo (that is you) you'll be fine, thousands of followers don't matter imo. i used to have like 2,500 but i removed the creeps and people i didn't want took it to 420 but i only follow people ik soooo erm i follow 40 people ahaha people think im tryign to be presige but i'd rather have my feed with people ik then randomers. Followers dont matter, dont stress about it

Haha prestige yeah I get you I can't really follow someone if I haven't at least seem them ygm
No I think it's cool. I don't like social media either, only use it to message people (not big on Snap or Messenger) and look at Birmz is Grime videos lol

Personally I respect people who don’t care that much about social media (which it seems you do) so I don’t think it matters. If he thinks of you differently because you don’t post, then honestly you dodged a bullet :smile:
Original post by gracieee16
ooooh, look at the vet nurse trying to give some relationship advice😂.

the coaches don't play :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending