MSc Criminology and Criminal Justice Applicants

Watch
Karan Mphil Crim
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Planet one)
I did get an email couple weeks ago saying Degree Committee will sit at the end of Feb and applicants will be contacted early March. So far nothing yet. I have an offer from Cambridge for a similar course and I hope to get a similar response from Oxford but I am not optimistic at all. I applied for the part-time as I cannot commit full-time due to other commitments. Anyone else applied for the part time? I heard only 10 people or under apply for the part time every year and 5 get in.
Hey, did the Criminology department itself send you that email or was it a response to your query?
Planet one
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It was a response to my query.
princessmegan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Haven't heard anything at all. Full time applicant here.
Last year, by this date I had already been rejected.
Fingers crossed for this year! Best of luck for all of us!
Karan Mphil Crim
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For past three years they've been releasing results by end of Feb. I don't know what's causing them delay this time. It's just so nerve wrecking. Also, this 'early March' is so ambiguous. They should at least talk in terms of weeks!
Kennykrays
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Karan Mphil Crim)
For past three years they've been releasing results by end of Feb. I don't know what's causing them delay this time. It's just so nerve wrecking. Also, this 'early March' is so ambiguous. They should at least talk in terms of weeks!
Do you think maybe there might be a lot of good applicants and they need time to select?
Planet one
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Its a mental torture and its f*****g irritating.
Karan Mphil Crim
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kennybrays)
Do you think maybe there might be a lot of good applicants and they need time to select?
I'm pretty sure they must be receiving good applications every year.
zack0011
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There are definitely delays within the department. I just got accepted to my preferred college via email but haven't received an offer letter directly from the Criminology Department. Don't know what to make of it exactly.
c.stanbo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zack0011)
There are definitely delays within the department. I just got accepted to my preferred college via email but haven't received an offer letter directly from the Criminology Department. Don't know what to make of it exactly.
Does this mean you have received an offer?
princessmegan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
OMG!!!
Could you give more details, please?
This email from the college is the first communication you receive from the University?
I haven't received anything at all, and as the portal is not updated until the enrollment, I have no clue of what is coming on
zack0011
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by princessmegan)
OMG!!!
Could you give more details, please?
This email from the college is the first communication you receive from the University?
I haven't received anything at all, and as the portal is not updated until the enrollment, I have no clue of what is coming on
Yes, this is the first communication I have received from Oxford and my portal isn't updated either. What if the department already made decisions and forwarded them to the colleges but forgot to inform the students? Really confusing.
princessmegan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, this is the first communication I have received from Oxford and my portal isn't updated either. What if the department already made decisions and forwarded them to the colleges but forgot to inform the students? Really confusing.
I dont believe they simply forgot, maybe they are about to release the emails and your college was unusually quick in accepting you. Which college it is?
Congratulations, by the way!!!
zack0011
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I dont believe they simply forgot, maybe they are about to release the emails and your college was unusually quick in accepting you. Which college it is?
Yeah, that might be the case. They surely won't have forgotten. I applied to GTC, probably less popular so they were quick. Hope you get in too. and Thank you.
princessmegan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, that might be the case. They surely won't have forgotten. I applied to GTC, probably less popular so they were quick. Hope you get in too. and Thank you.
Thank you! Fingers crossed
Kennykrays
Rep:
?
I'm wondering if they are about to release emails will it be over the weekend or maybe next week? This news makes me nervous
Kennykrays
Rep:
?
Congrats on your college acceptance.
princessmegan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just received the regret email
I'm out. Going to wait for the Magister Juris application result now.
Best of luck for you guys!
Kennykrays
Rep:
?
Just received the regret email
I'm out. Going to wait for the Magister Juris application result now.
Best of luck for you guys!
I'm so sorry about that. I know how hard you must have worked in preparing your application, do not take it as a denigration of your intellect and I wish you the best in your other applications.
Karan Mphil Crim
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do they send rejections before acceptances? I don't know what they're doing this year. They should just clear it as soon as possible.
Planet one
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is there anyone else who hasn’t received a decision yet?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (10)
23.26%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (12)
27.91%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (19)
44.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (2)
4.65%

Watched Threads