The Student Room Group

Migrating Oxford college

Does anyone have experience with migrating Oxford college, how’s it done, is it difficult, do you get to choose a college preference? Are you received well by the other college if you have a valid excuse? Yeah, if anyone has personal experience with this I’d really appreciate hearing x
(edited 3 years ago)
It's near-impossible to do for undergrad - it's usually to do with disability requirements, e.g. you are or suddenly become a wheelchair user, and your allocated/chosen college is fairly inaccessible.

I imagine it's very difficult to migrate at postgrad level too :yes:

Is there any particular reason you are looking to migrate?
The only circumstance I've seen this is when changing subjects to something the college doesn't offer (or possibly one it does offer but has no space).

Its certainly very rare - it really messes with the college organisation and funding and they will really resist setting a precedent even if circumstances where it maybe is possible/helpful.
Original post by nexttime
The only circumstance I've seen this is when changing subjects to something the college doesn't offer (or possibly one it does offer but has no space).

Its certainly very rare - it really messes with the college organisation and funding and they will really resist setting a precedent even if circumstances where it maybe is possible/helpful.

out of interest, do you know what courses people have changed from and to? i’m intrigued!
Original post by azby1098
out of interest, do you know what courses people have changed from and to? i’m intrigued!

I knew one PPE to maths + phil as he found PPE didn't have enough maths in it for him. Another did medicine to biochem because she was about to fail medicine basically. Another which was arranged but didn't go ahead was economics and management to experimental psychology.

All 3 involved lots of discussions and interviews etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending