jackc4444
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I’m planning to apply for UEA as my insurance with an ABB offer, I know that the academics are quite good, what is the night and social life like ?
Anonymous #1
Report 8 months ago
I'm not personally at UEA but I live fairly close to Norwich and I can honestly say it's a really good night out!
University of East Anglia UG Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by jackc4444)
I’m planning to apply for UEA as my insurance with an ABB offer, I know that the academics are quite good, what is the night and social life like ?
Hi jackc4444
I would say that the nightlife is pretty good and there is definitely something to suit everyone. There are lots of options for clubs to go, including the LCR which is on campus, and has club nights 3 times a week.
Let us know if you have any other questions
Sophie
Emmaclaire4
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Agree with the above. The LCR is really easy and a pretty cheap night out, plus there is a strip of clubs and bars on Prince of Wales road which is in the city centre (about 10 min by taxi, 20 min by bus). Then theres also lots of pubs and bars in the city and between the city and uni so plenty of options (including the SU bar which is a bar on campus). For the social aspect, theres plenty to do in Norwich - it has all the usuals of a city: cinemas, bowling alley, arcades, shopping centres, local and chain restaurants and cafes, historical attractions (the castle and cathedrals), green spaces for walking/picnics/bbqs/sport, plenty of sporting facilities etc... UEA also has loads of sports clubs and societies which are a really good way to meet people and have stuff to do during the day and evenings. Clubs and Socs put on plenty of socials both related to the sport/society and totally unrelated.
Anonymous #2
Report 7 months ago
I’m not personally studying at UEA, but before lockdown I’d go out with my mate who studies in Norwich (I live in Ipswich so it was easy for me to visit for a night out). I think the nightlife is pretty good, much better than a night out in Ippy. There’re several good clubs, and it was always pretty bustling
harcher
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I went to UEA in 2012 and can vouch that the night life is great. I regularly go back for nights out even though I'm close to London. Such a different vibe and very safe. The strip makes for a great night out as entry to most places is free or cheap so you can hop about. The Loft is also normally open until around 6am and Gonzo's is also open til very late so there are options in town after the LCR closes. The shopping is great and really good for students and lots of part time job opportunities. Social life is great, especially if they still run Pimp My Barrow at the end of the year!
tomA123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've heard the LCR is supposed to be good so would like to give it a try. I've had a look online and found they do events a few times some weeks. I wondered if when there aren't any events going on, it just functions as like a club which people go to during the week. I'm thinking particularly during freshers week I'd like to go out as much as possible.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (10)
45.45%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (3)
13.64%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (3)
13.64%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (1)
4.55%
I haven't started researching yet (2)
9.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
13.64%

Watched Threads