paperclip90
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I feel a bit lonely here. There’s no other trainees and I feel too anxious to make conversation yet. I know the whole I need to be resilient thing. But this sh*ts wearing on my mental health.

Normally at least you can mingle with other trainees and make friends. But the department are really close and I feel like I’m just a spare part. My anxiety gets the better of me and I can’t talk about much

I know o can try talking but I have social anxiety. And even if I want to I go blank. On the plus I got a ton of lessons done today.

Hope I’m not the only one feeling like this
Olives&chocolate
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
How long have you been there?

I think it is normal to feel a bit isolated and awkward in your placements, I know I did at times. It’s hard coming into any new team especially with teacher training as you are only there temporarily. I imagine the current covid situation makes it so much harder to try and get to know people too as people will be distancing and you won’t get to meet all staff or attend whole school meetings in person like you normally do.

Hang on in there, it will get better!
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
I'm worried about placement too, you're not the only one!
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Hugs
paperclip90
Rep:
(Original post by Olives&chocolate)
How long have you been there?

I think it is normal to feel a bit isolated and awkward in your placements, I know I did at times. It’s hard coming into any new team especially with teacher training as you are only there temporarily. I imagine the current covid situation makes it so much harder to try and get to know people too as people will be distancing and you won’t get to meet all staff or attend whole school meetings in person like you normally do.

Hang on in there, it will get better!
Only done about 4 days between 3 weeks I say I want to go in most of the time. Or I just go in early and I do loads of work of my own. I try to get involved but most of the convo is about lessons or kids they already know or lessons they’ve had etc.

Some people I talk to I make sure I keep making an effort with if I see them. But others it can be hard. Sometimes they just say like one word all day. Feels like the popular ones vs me. There’s about 15 in the dept so it’s a busy department. And there’s 0 social distancing it’s just been tough
paperclip90
Rep:
(Original post by tinygirl96)
Hugs
<3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads