The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Accommodation near Coach Lane Campus, Northumbria

Hi! I have an offer for next year to study OT at Northumbria, however I have no clue on which accommodation would suit me best. I will be studying at Coach Lane campus so I would need something relatively close. I’m quite picky when it comes to accommodation and I’d like something with a double bed and a space that looks clean and new. I’m not sure I’ll get exactly what I’m looking for but any help is appreciated!
Original post by ciaraelizabeth
Hi! I have an offer for next year to study OT at Northumbria, however I have no clue on which accommodation would suit me best. I will be studying at Coach Lane campus so I would need something relatively close. I’m quite picky when it comes to accommodation and I’d like something with a double bed and a space that looks clean and new. I’m not sure I’ll get exactly what I’m looking for but any help is appreciated!

Hi!! I have an offer to study physiotherapy at coach lane campus too but I can’t seem to find any accommodation close by either!! Probably not much help but please let me know if you find anything I’m struggling :-)
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Hi @ciaraelizabeth and @Sophieeeem6799 :smile:

Our accommodation blocks are all based in the city centre (along with Trinity Square in Gateshead) close to city campus and facilities like the SU, Sport Central and the University Library. However, there is a free bus service (the number 1 bus) which will take you directly from the city campus to Coach Lane and back!

On this map you can see all of our residences plotted out along with the bus stops which will take you to Coach Lane. I stayed in New Bridge street and loved it, you get a double bed and an en suite, and the flat sizes are around 4/5 people so a good number. I also have friends who stayed in Winn Studios and that also comes with a double bed and en suite so that's another good option!

If you have any questions about our residences then please just ask :smile:

Emily, UG Rep
Reply 3
Original post by Northumbria University UG Rep
Hi @ciaraelizabeth and @Sophieeeem6799 :smile:

Our accommodation blocks are all based in the city centre (along with Trinity Square in Gateshead) close to city campus and facilities like the SU, Sport Central and the University Library. However, there is a free bus service (the number 1 bus) which will take you directly from the city campus to Coach Lane and back!

On this map you can see all of our residences plotted out along with the bus stops which will take you to Coach Lane. I stayed in New Bridge street and loved it, you get a double bed and an en suite, and the flat sizes are around 4/5 people so a good number. I also have friends who stayed in Winn Studios and that also comes with a double bed and en suite so that's another good option!

If you have any questions about our residences then please just ask :smile:

Emily, UG Rep

hiya, I might be being silly but cant see on the map where the number 1 bus stop is! My daughter also has an offer for OT in September (though its only her insurance choice, so we arent able to book accommodation until results day as we wont know for sure until then if she is going to northumbria or liverpool). However, it would still be good to get some advice on which halls are near the number 1 bus stops so we arent completly thrown if she does need to book halls there in august time. Theres loads that arent owned by the uni that look amazing too but again, we cant work out if they're close to her bus stops. Ideally she'd love to be near jesmond....is that miles from the number 1 bus?? are there nice ensuite halls there? Thanks so much!
Reply 4
Original post by clarec25
hiya, I might be being silly but cant see on the map where the number 1 bus stop is! My daughter also has an offer for OT in September (though its only her insurance choice, so we arent able to book accommodation until results day as we wont know for sure until then if she is going to northumbria or liverpool). However, it would still be good to get some advice on which halls are near the number 1 bus stops so we arent completly thrown if she does need to book halls there in august time. Theres loads that arent owned by the uni that look amazing too but again, we cant work out if they're close to her bus stops. Ideally she'd love to be near jesmond....is that miles from the number 1 bus?? are there nice ensuite halls there? Thanks so much!

Hiya
So most the city centre accommodations are within walking distance of the bus stops for the number 1. Trinity is the only one which isn’t near it at all. Any halls in the shieldfield area will be near the bus route
Unfortunately we don’t have any halls in Jesmond but a lot of students do move there during second year (as week as Heaton which is on the bus route).

I’m a current second year student at the uni and one of the volunteers for SU so happy to help best I can with questions.

https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/our-campuses/coach-lane-campus/new-no-1-bus-service-to-coach-lane/
This link should also help with specific bus stop locations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending