The Student Room Group

Anyone applying for the Black Heart foundation scholarship

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 2Ariadne2
Does anyone know if this scholarship is available for non-university courses (career courses such as web development)?

Hi! I'm not sure if they do but you can check their website to confirm
Any updates?
Original post by Misslindseyke
Any updates?

I haven't heard anything :frown:
ok good i thought that meant i was rejected :lol:
Hi! I'm not sure if they do but you can check their website to confirm

Thanks, looks like they do as I emailed to ask.
Do you have any idea of timescales from when you submitted your application?
Thanks
A :smile:
Original post by 2Ariadne2
Thanks, looks like they do as I emailed to ask.
Do you have any idea of timescales from when you submitted your application?
Thanks
A :smile:

That's great. I don't know how long they take to reply cause I applied end of March and I haven't received any response and seems like everyone who applied is in the same boat as me
I'm guessing everyone else that applied at the previous quarterly review (before the end of February) hasn't received a decision yet either?
Has anyone received any updates on their application ?
I got an email saying that for people who applied between December and February that they are in their final stages and for those between March and May, they are still in the beginning of the reviews
I got an email saying that for people who applied between December and February that they are in their final stages and for those between March and May, they are still in the beginning of the reviews

Can we still apply past May? I thought there’s no deadline so we could apply whenever
Original post by lara147
Can we still apply past May? I thought there’s no deadline so we could apply whenever

Yeah, it's a rolling application. It's just that they review applications in sets (think it's every quarter).

Can’t help but wonder when the current cohort (March-May) being reviewed will receive a response considering the final stages of the last cohort is still being conducted. Wish they would provide a timeline so that our expectations could be adjusted. Makes me nervous ..
Original post by Chloayy1
Can’t help but wonder when the current cohort (March-May) being reviewed will receive a response considering the final stages of the last cohort is still being conducted. Wish they would provide a timeline so that our expectations could be adjusted. Makes me nervous ..

I know! I'm super nervous as well cause I'm not sure if I'll be able to join uni without the scholarship. Let's just hope for the best
I know! I'm super nervous as well cause I'm not sure if I'll be able to join uni without the scholarship. Let's just hope for the best

Even though it's terrible to say this, I'm glad to know others are feeling the same anxiety I am feeling :cry2: Especially since I'm applying as an international PhD student. I would of preferred knowing if I'm able to start my research this upcoming term by now. But I'm still hoping for the best as well
Original post by FoodnBooks
Even though it's terrible to say this, I'm glad to know others are feeling the same anxiety I am feeling :cry2: Especially since I'm applying as an international PhD student. I would of preferred knowing if I'm able to start my research this upcoming term by now. But I'm still hoping for the best as well

Yes I agree. I’m international as well and there’s so much I need to do and is contingent on knowing now. I’m giving myself until end of July. If nothing comes through then I know I’ll have to wait until end next year. If I do get some funding I will be scrambling to get everything arranged. As an international applicant I’m doubtful to have my application approved because our fees are so high and someone mentioned the average being 10k. If it helps, here’s some info I gathered recently:

It takes 8-10 weeks to follow up with application after reviews have begun. The last cohort to be review are May 5- end Of June. So if a person is in that cohort they won’t potentially know the outcome until end of august/early September. For the Mar 1-May 4, it’s looking like you won’t hear back until potentially early- July.

I haven’t heard anyone in the dec 1 - feb 28 cohort indicate the outcome of their application. The foundation hasn’t updated their channels either so it’s quite possible it’ll go beyond the 8-10 weeks that they aim for.
Original post by Chloayy1
Yes I agree. I’m international as well and there’s so much I need to do and is contingent on knowing now. I’m giving myself until end of July. If nothing comes through then I know I’ll have to wait until end next year. If I do get some funding I will be scrambling to get everything arranged. As an international applicant I’m doubtful to have my application approved because our fees are so high and someone mentioned the average being 10k. If it helps, here’s some info I gathered recently:

It takes 8-10 weeks to follow up with application after reviews have begun. The last cohort to be review are May 5- end Of June. So if a person is in that cohort they won’t potentially know the outcome until end of august/early September. For the Mar 1-May 4, it’s looking like you won’t hear back until potentially early- July.

I haven’t heard anyone in the dec 1 - feb 28 cohort indicate the outcome of their application. The foundation hasn’t updated their channels either so it’s quite possible it’ll go beyond the 8-10 weeks that they aim for.

It's true about the 10k being the average, but the Foundation also says the amount the award is dependent on the circumstances of the applicant. I believe that is why they have not stated the award amount on their website, and have only stated, "The amount awarded will be based on a case-by-case basis and may cover tuition fees, living expenses and other education-related costs". I would assume the Foundation has a different award amount for students applying from outside of the UK as their tuition, maintenance, etc. are much higher compared to UK nationals.

I applied in February, and have been in contact with Rhonda since the our quarter's deadline. I have been told they are in the final stages of the decision process for my cohort since the end of April. So, I'm not sure how much longer it will really take.
Ya'll let's just pray cause this anxiety will be the end of us (not literally but you know what I'm saying) and congrats to all of you on your offers
It's true about the 10k being the average, but the Foundation also says the amount the award is dependent on the circumstances of the applicant. I believe that is why they have not stated the award amount on their website, and have only stated, "The amount awarded will be based on a case-by-case basis and may cover tuition fees, living expenses and other education-related costs". I would assume the Foundation has a different award amount for students applying from outside of the UK as their tuition, maintenance, etc. are much higher compared to UK nationals.

I applied in February, and have been in contact with Rhonda since the our quarter's deadline. I have been told they are in the final stages of the decision process for my cohort since the end of April. So, I'm not sure how much longer it will really take.

I am thinking along the lines of that for Int'l applicants as well but don't know anyone who can confirm it so... I will see.

To be in the final stages of that cohort and still reviewing a current cohort at the same time is what makes me so nervous about the timeline because I'm in the cohort currently being reviewed. I cannot imagine how you feel since you've been waiting for so long! As @Misslindseyke mentioned below let's just pray cause this anxiety will be the end of us haha. Goodluck to you though!

I completely agree! The wait is making me super anxious but hopefully we hear back soon! 😅
Hey! I hope you're having a great week. Any update on the first cohort?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending