Girls, Would you date a guy who had a hair transplant?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I'm going bald.
I shave my head/buzz it down to stubble.

A lot of people don't actually know I'm going bald, they just assume I like how this looks.
In fairness I have gotten a lot of compliments since shaving my head but I can't help feel it's a limiting factor.

People see me as the bald guy.
I've been shaving my head for a year now and it's become a defining feature.

I'm thinking of getting a hair transplant.

I'm okay with being bald, I don't hate how it looks, I just think I'd look better and feel better with a full head of hair - not the balding head of hair I had before buzzing it.
It'd be nice to have a proper hairline, mine has always been wonky.

It would need to wait until after lockdown/covid as I'd be getting in done in Turkey.

From a females perspective, Would you think it's weird if a guy got a hair transplant? I mean it is cosmetic surgery and it's not for a deformity - it's just because they're going bald.

Would you date a guy with a hair transplant?

I'm not/wouldn't try and hide it.
A lot of people, mainly girls, assume I shave my head because I like it, I'm the first to say I shave my head because I'm going bald, I just also happen to not hate how it looks.

I'm bald now, people know that.
If I got a hair transplant I wouldn't be denying it.. If someone asked, I'd tell them.
What would you think?
SupposedlyIronic
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm going bald.

A lot of people don't actually know I'm going bald, they just assume I like how this looks.
In fairness I have gotten a lot of compliments since shaving my head but I can't help feel it's a limiting factor.

I'm okay with being bald, I don't hate how it looks, I just think I'd look better and feel better with a full head of hair - not the balding head of hair I had before buzzing it.

It would need to wait until after lockdown/covid as I'd be getting in done in Turkey.

From a females perspective, Would you think it's weird if a guy got a hair transplant? I mean it is cosmetic surgery and it's not for a deformity - it's just because they're going bald.

A lot of people, mainly girls, assume I shave my head because I like it, I'm the first to say I shave my head because I'm going bald, I just also happen to not hate how it looks.

If I got a hair transplant I wouldn't be denying it.. If someone asked, I'd tell them.
What would you think?
I don't know why it'd be an issue to be honest.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
Yes.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ashtolga23)
I don't know why it'd be an issue to be honest.
I just think/feel there's a stigma surrounding men and cosmetic surgery.
koreaboo_
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
it is fine i think a lot of people get it
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
dont listen to people on here, people would prefer a man with surgery and with hair

than a bald man with no surgery

same as men prefer a girl with big boobs but fake , than natural and no boobs

looks make a difference. but at 30 or 40, you should be focusing on your career first tbh
xandra_sky
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
yes I think so, I'd prefer someone working on their looks to get to a point where they are happy with their appearance than some try-hard going on about how looks don't matter yet are secretly deeply insecure about their looks
Anonymous #1
dont listen to people on here, people would prefer a man with surgery and with hair

than a bald man with no surgery

same as men prefer a girl with big boobs but fake , than natural and no boobs

looks make a difference. but at 30 or 40, you should be focusing on your career first tbh
I'm 23
Anonymous #3
Report 11 months ago
I'm going bald.

What would you think?
Have you tried medication first? I'm almost 24 and i've used finasteride for over a year and started using oral minoxidil a couple weeks ago after using topical for about 7 months. It's definitely helped my hair a lot and i've had pretty much no side effects. I think you should consider them first before a transplant, imo a transplant should always be saved for last.
Anonymous #1
Have you tried medication first? I'm almost 24 and i've used finasteride for over a year and started using oral minoxidil a couple weeks ago after using topical for about 7 months. It's definitely helped my hair a lot and i've had pretty much no side effects. I think you should consider them first before a transplant, imo a transplant should always be saved for last.
No I haven't.
I honestly think it's a little too far gone, my hair line is 100% receding but it's also going at the crown and thinning slightly across the top.
You can see from the back where I'm going bald right now and my hair is 4mm long if even.
Anonymous #3
Report 11 months ago
No I haven't.
I honestly think it's a little too far gone, my hair line is 100% receding but it's also going at the crown and thinning slightly across the top.
You can see from the back where I'm going bald right now and my hair is 4mm long if even.
Some people get amazing results once they start treatment. Check out the hair loss show on youtube, it's run by 2 australian doctors who advise on the effectiveness and side effects of the medication. Also check out More plates more dates and Kevin Mann. Honestly, I would seriously consider trying medication first, i've got diffuse thinning all on my top as well and even on the sides above my ears but it's slowly getting better thanks to the medication. Bear in mind that a lot of hair transplant doctors don't even consider people who don't use finasteride for at least a year as if they get a transplant, as the non-transplanted hair will still fall out, leaving a band of thick hair at the front while you're bald everywhere else.

If you still want a transplant anyway, you need to do a lot of research first. Watch Joe Tillman on youtube and follow his advice when it comes to finding a good doctor. A lot of them, especially the cheaper ones will give you crappy results. Best of luck anyway in whatever you choose to do.
Kelivesy
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Yes
anthonyCWM
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Anthony Constantinou | Anthony Constantinou CEO CWM FX says Everyone wishes to look beautiful, and they know that hair plays a very important role in providing that crowning beauty.

People try lots of varying prevention techniques to make their hair look healthy, but very few of them actually help. Most natural hair color shades tend to become dull and drab as time passes by.

The best way to ensure proper treatment for this problem is to take a professional’s advice before using any product. I would recommend that you to read some online discussion forums, tutorials or you can take some free initial consultationsfrom expert surgeonsonline as well.
Honey57
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
It’s fine. My family have early balding in men and my dads getting a hair transplant soon and my 5 uncles need one too way way more than my dad. Also I’ve heard it’s not good to have a hair transplant before 40.
hikahika
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
that's completely fine, I would actually encourage you to get it if you wanted it or if you liked your bald look better, I would've been okay with that.
Muttly
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
No No No No No No - Bald is just so very beautiful. Wear it with pride and don't fight it with hugely expensive transplants (that can go wrong) Try and be comfortable in your own skin. If its loss of hair one year, its sagging pecs the next, worry lines, love handles the list goes on and is endless. We love it all (the whole you) and so love a bald head to stroke, polish, shave.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (29)
7.3%
October 2021 (179)
45.09%
November 2021 (42)
10.58%
December 2021 (53)
13.35%
January 2021 (44)
11.08%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (38)
9.57%