Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Anybody else really not get along with their sister. For me my sister has done certain things and lied about stuff, to the point where my family can’t trust her anymore because of the things she’s done and how many times she done it. (She doesn’t learn from her mistakes). But my mum still acts like the things she’s done are fine. At the time my sister was doing the things, my mum would be angry maybe for that night or morning. And then after that she will act like nothing is wrong. My sister is 10 years older than me. I’m 18 and she’s 28. Because of all the things she’s done and put my family through, I really can’t seem to act fake around her like I have forgiven her. I don’t be rude or say anything to her, instead I just ignore her. Sometimes I know that my mum is angry at me because I might not be talking to her, so I have to put my feelings aside and try to be normal with her, but it’s so hard for me. Because of how I act, my mum gets angry at me and says to me that I’m the one that makes the feeling in the house awkward. I get really upset and frustrated because I don’t know what I’ve done wrong. I’ve just given up with her. And my mum believes that my sister doesn’t make the house dynamic weird, but somehow I do. When as a family as a whole we all know the things she’s done. But for me I feel like she’s done these things over and over to the point that I’m sick of it and tbh I don’t know how as a 28 year old woman she can’t make good choices. Is anybody in a similar situation? Or if not can you tell me if I’m in the wrong or if I’m right?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
Wrong or right is a very narrow view. The questions that you ask are pertinent but unhelpful to deal with such a complex dynamic.

My typical response, to anyone who is disappointed with their parents and tge environment at home, is to move out. Be independent. Put space between you.

Move oout. Move on. Get over it.

You can usually understand better, appreciate more, the family relationship whe you face tge pressures of running your own household.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
Wrong or right is a very narrow view. The questions that you ask are pertinent but unhelpful to deal with such a complex dynamic.

My typical response, to anyone who is disappointed with their parents and tge environment at home, is to move out. Be independent. Put space between you.

You can usually understand better, appreciate more, the family relationship when you face the pressures of running your own household.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 months ago
My family is very toxic. You mum is coping by ignoring the problem and that’s why she’s blaming you. She is doing an absolutely terrible job at parenting and your sister keeps repeating the bad behaviour because there are no consequences. There’s nothing much you can do regarding the family situation. Move on and be happy.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

You can usually understand better, appreciate more, the family relationship when you face the pressures of running your own household.
No. The sister is 28 and the there are a lot of very bad parents - the pressures of a household is a nonsense excuse for bad or toxic parents.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
It is what it is, whether the actual situation, or a perception of being unfairly blamed for the family dynamic. Imaginary and perceived scenarios cause a real impact. Its not enough for this poster to be told that his mother has a false interpretation. This is how the matter is understood. It needs to be dealt with as it is, not as you and others may see it. The poster needs to take action to remove them from this environment. They did not talk themselves into this situation and can't blag their way out of it.

Whoever is to blame (a pointless and unproductive exercise), they need to move ot, move on and GET OVER IT.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (27)
26.73%
No (74)
73.27%

Watched Threads