TomKing6
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello folks,

Had a look through a few posts regarding accounting professional qualifications and they all seem to suggest that your 2nd year exams are hellish... Is it really that difficult?

I am graduating with a first expected in Accountancy and Finance, although am slightly worried due to experiencing severe exam anxiety. So many ACA/ICAS posts appear to make 2nd year look almost impossible, which is horrible given the exam fatigue that final year provides!
Euapp
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TomKing6)
Hello folks,

Had a look through a few posts regarding accounting professional qualifications and they all seem to suggest that your 2nd year exams are hellish... Is it really that difficult?

I am graduating with a first expected in Accountancy and Finance, although am slightly worried due to experiencing severe exam anxiety. So many ACA/ICAS posts appear to make 2nd year look almost impossible, which is horrible given the exam fatigue that final year provides!
Not impossible, just a lot of hard work. My cousin got a first in A&F and failed, whilst my Mum did another degree and passed all the exams first time.
TomKing6
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Euapp)
Not impossible, just a lot of hard work. My cousin got a first in A&F and failed, whilst my Mum did another degree and passed all the exams first time.
Ive heard of quite a few people from A&F failing the exams... Is there a specific reason or is it just overconfidence?
Euapp
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TomKing6)
Ive heard of quite a few people from A&F failing the exams... Is there a specific reason or is it just overconfidence?
In my cousin's case, there was a bit of that, but also the fact that she didn't have a full time course integrated into her contract, and had to work at clients whilst studying which made things harder. Both my Mum and my cousin trained with a big 4, but my cousin wasn't in London which might explain things.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (596)
49.13%
No (617)
50.87%

Watched Threads