The Student Room Group

What to do about an office bully

She was bragging about hating me on Facebook and she made a bunch of unfounded allegations saying that I was trying to get somebody else into trouble. She and this colleague were ultimately found out for having a clique, when I reported her for doing something very inappropriate round the office and breaching confidentiality rules. She was laughing, smirking and making inappropriate comments when I was unwell. She is now being promoted and I find that stunning because she is best mate with the manager who hated me. should I report her
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
anyone?
Make sure you have evidence of all the nasty things she does, whether it’s screenshots, recordings and video recordings whatever it is. This is so HR or whoever you report to will be able to deal know that your not accusing.
Able to deal with the situation accordingly*
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Make sure you have evidence of all the nasty things she does, whether it’s screenshots, recordings and video recordings whatever it is. This is so HR or whoever you report to will be able to deal know that your not accusing.

she could do something to me that's the only problem. she has a large network of friends
Original post by Kasa
she could do something to me that's the only problem. she has a large network of friends

Are her friends powerful as in rich and politically? If not then get the evidence and expose her. Unless you want to keep getting bullied, she’s not going to be taught a lesson unless you expose her. If you don’t want to then that’s up to you, but if I was you I’d get solid evidence against her, if HR doesn’t agree with the evidence then they’re clearly breaching work place laws and you can sue them and get £££££.
Reply 6
Do you really want to be the one in the office with a reputation for being a snitch? Especially when youve noted shes friends with the manager and hasnt really done anything (smirking not being a crime if we're honest).
As for 'trying to get people in trouble' reporting her for (im not entirely sure what you mean by having a 'clique' as that isnt usually a bad thing?) she seems to have a point..
Original post by Napp
Do you really want to be the one in the office with a reputation for being a snitch? Especially when youve noted shes friends with the manager and hasnt really done anything (smirking not being a crime if we're honest).
As for 'trying to get people in trouble' reporting her for (im not entirely sure what you mean by having a 'clique' as that isnt usually a bad thing?) she seems to have a point..

How does making up about lies about someone proving she had a point? She was doing it to score brownie points with the manager who didn't like me? Smirking may not be unlawful, but its highly unprofessional and in my opinion, intimidating?
Original post by Kasa
She was bragging about hating me on Facebook and she made a bunch of unfounded allegations saying that I was trying to get somebody else into trouble. She and this colleague were ultimately found out for having a clique, when I reported her for doing something very inappropriate round the office and breaching confidentiality rules. She was laughing, smirking and making inappropriate comments when I was unwell. She is now being promoted and I find that stunning because she is best mate with the manager who hated me. should I report her

Gang up on her, if all of you say the opposite story she’ll back down

Quick Reply

Latest