Gamecube through a PC ?.

Watch
alexsunny
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello,

Is there any way I can play my Gamecube through my PC, or through the monitor? I don't particularly want to have to lug my television down to uni with me, so it would be useful if there's a way of playing through the PC.

thanks
alexsunny
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by alexsunny)
Hello,

Is there any way I can play my Gamecube through my PC, or through the monitor? I don't particularly want to have to lug my television down to uni with me, so it would be useful if there's a way of playing through the PC.

thanks
alexsunny
Is your PC a laptop or desktop?
DR.DOOM
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This is not possible. What is possible, is using Dolphin emulator to emulate your gamecube games on your PC. In order to do this, you must burn your gamecube games as .isos and save them on your PC to load into Dolphin emulator. Dolphin is the best way to play games released back in this era on PC as PCSX2 (the PS2 emulator) is a dogshit software that refuses to work on anything
LordBerkut
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Maybe a SCART to HDMI cable/converter would work, though would probably introduce lag. Or as someone says, use Dolphin. Vimm's Lair has a good selection of games already in the correct format.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by alexsunny)
Hello,

thanks
alexsunny

*looks at Callender

It's 2021 not 2001

Why are you taking a gamecube to uni???
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ANM775)
*looks at Callender

It's 2021 not 2001

Because retro consoles are still fun and there's a decent community around them.
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
*looks at Callender

It's 2021 not 2001

*Looks at calendar*

It's 2021 not 2008, why are you still on a student forum???
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ozzyoscy)
*Looks at calendar*

It's 2021 not 2008, why are you still on a student forum???
Hey,

Over the half the people who've posted in this thread are boomers (looking at the join dates) Including yourself :P
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey,

Over the half the people who've posted in this thread are boomers (looking at the join dates) Including yourself :P
It wasn't a literal question. Whooooooshed over your head...

Also I wasn't born in the 50s, WTF?
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gofre)
Because retro consoles are still fun and there's a decent community around them.
Mad how sixth generation consoles are now classed as retro. The PS2 and the family Windows XP computer were my childhood back in the day.
6lack
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’m not sure if its classed as “retro” but I just ordered a Xbox 360 from eBay as I found a good deal. I do have the latest Xbox but not all games are backwards compatible so bought a 360.
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Fun spoilsport fact: 'retro' doesn't mean 'something old', but means something newer that harkens back to something older.

Sonic 2 isn't retro, but Sonic Mania is. A song from the 80s isn't retro (unless it was done in a style of an even older decade), but 2020's Blinding Lights by The Weeknd is.

The reason it gets mixed up when talking about games is because the act of playing on something older can be considered retro, because it's recreating an activity from older times.
Last edited by ozzyoscy; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.33%
Virtual campus tours/open days (100)
22.99%
Live streaming events (39)
8.97%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (41)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (100)
22.99%
An in-person event when available (97)
22.3%