The Student Room Group

IGCSE Computer science or ICT

Should I take IGCSE CIE computer science or ICT? I've heard many people say that ICT was useless I was just wondering if IGCSE computer science would be helpful at all. I'm not looking forward to going into a career in computer science or ICT but I wanted to know which one would be more helpful for the future.
Reply 1
I would say computer science as it is much more respected than ICT.
Original post by harrypottersy
Should I take IGCSE CIE computer science or ICT? I've heard many people say that ICT was useless I was just wondering if IGCSE computer science would be helpful at all. I'm not looking forward to going into a career in computer science or ICT but I wanted to know which one would be more helpful for the future.

If you're not looking to do it in the future I would say take ICT as it is much easier if you don't have experience coding already. ICT will also help improve skills you have already whereas computer science will be all new if you haven't looked into it before. Take the one you're more likely to do well in because that's what will matter most in your future. Computer Science is very hard and if you don't have a genuine interest it will get boring very quickly.

Quick Reply

Latest