xxYaserxx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I'm going to choose my GCSE's this year and I am unsure of what to choose I am currently top of my class in Computer science and triple science. I would like to know the options to get into a space agency, and if its possible to get into NASA. I know NASA is not keen about sharing classified info so this is a little about me, I have a British citizenship but I was born in Afghanistan.
thatssickbruh
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by xxYaserxx)
I'm going to choose my GCSE's this year and I am unsure of what to choose I am currently top of my class in Computer science and triple science. I would like to know the options to get into a space agency, and if its possible to get into NASA. I know NASA is not keen about sharing classified info so this is a little about me, I have a British citizenship but I was born in Afghanistan.
If I'm not wrong, NASA doesn't employ non-us citizens (but there are exceptionally rare cases); either you need American citizenship or be a dual citizen.
xxYaserxx
Rep:
?
(Original post by thatssickbruh)
If I'm not wrong, NASA doesn't employ non-us citizens (but there are exceptionally rare cases); either you need American citizenship or be a dual citizen.
Yea but cant you get a US citizenship, (Transfer to it)
thatssickbruh
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by xxYaserxx)
Yea but cant you get a US citizenship, (Transfer to it)
Well for US citizenship you have 2 options: You can either live and work a permanent job in the US for 5 years continuously after which you apply for the citizenship or if you're married to a US citizen the time gets reduced to 3 years. It's definitely possible but you won't be able to immediately work with NASA in the US.
xxYaserxx
Rep:
?
(Original post by thatssickbruh)
Well for US citizenship you have 2 options: You can either live and work a permanent job in the US for 5 years continuously after which you apply for the citizenship or if you're married to a US citizen the time gets reduced to 3 years. It's definitely possible but you won't be able to immediately work with NASA in the US.
Any other Space agencies that do not require me changing my citizenship?
Lcheste3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Might be a good idea to go to an American university. One good scheme for doing this is the Sutton Trust Scheme; it sponsors you to go to university in America. This would be after A-Levels though, and you'd have to do pretty good in them.
Gaddafi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
As mentioned, NASA does not recruit non citizens. You can gain US citizenship and still keep your British citizenship btw.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (54)
6.07%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.35%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (94)
10.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (110)
12.36%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.94%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (48)
5.39%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (99)
11.12%
Financial worries (60)
6.74%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (40)
4.49%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.29%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.92%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (86)
9.66%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (72)
8.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed