Alice sanderson
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Does anyone know when we’re getting the results back for the IMC this year? Will it be faster because it’s virtual? I was hoping to get into the olympiad but I just did it and I think I messed up ☹️
DrFuntimes24
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Alice sanderson)
Does anyone know when we’re getting the results back for the IMC this year? Will it be faster because it’s virtual? I was hoping to get into the olympiad but I just did it and I think I messed up ☹️
I think the UKMT Twitter account said we would get our official results in a few weeks, but the marking scheme will probs be out on Friday at the earliest, so u can calculate ur score fairly quickly. I wouldn’t worry if u mess up, I think lots of people found the paper hard this year, (especially some of the last few questions for me) , so boundaries will be low, and u could still qualify
Last edited by DrFuntimes24; 5 months ago
PRODIGYCHILD
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by DrFuntimes24)
I think the UKMT Twitter account said we would get our official results in a few weeks, but the marking scheme will probs be out on Friday at the earliest, so u can calculate ur score fairly quickly. I wouldn’t worry if u mess up, I think lots of people found the paper hard this year, (especially some of the last few questions for me) , so boundaries will be low, and u could still qualify
its was quite hard especially that squares question with the missing angle
DrFuntimes24
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by PRODIGYCHILD)
its was quite hard especially that squares question with the missing angle
That wasn’t too bad, the pentagon one was impossible, it was one of two questions I count figure out. Probably shouldn’t discuss questions, since some people still have to do it today, so if u taking about questions be a bit vague with their details
sammmmmmmmmmmmmy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
That wasn’t too bad, the pentagon one was impossible, it was one of two questions I count figure out. Probably shouldn’t discuss questions, since some people still have to do it today, so if u taking about questions be a bit vague with their details
Hexagon q18 was easy lol
PRODIGYCHILD
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by sammmmmmmmmmmmmy)
Hexagon q18 was easy lol
i had no time to do it ****.I skipped it cus it looked long.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
it might be toms hopefully my anxiety is currently killing me to find out
Alice sanderson
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Do you guys think that somewhere in the 90s could still qualify for the Hamilton olympiad? I'm so nervous!!!!! I think I failed this year
DrFuntimes24
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Do you guys think that somewhere in the 90s could still qualify for the Hamilton olympiad? I'm so nervous!!!!! I think I failed this year
Probably, I reckon the MaClaurin Olympiad will be late 90s, early 100s, so the Hamilton one will probs be early 90s
sammmmmmmmmmmmmy
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Probably, I reckon the MaClaurin Olympiad will be late 90s, early 100s, so the Hamilton one will probs be early 90s
What do u reckon gold will be?
DrFuntimes24
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
What do u reckon gold will be?
Probably 75-80, it was a decently challenging paper, so it will be lower than last year, but it wasn’t as hard as the 2015 and 2016 papers, so I doubt the boundary will go any lower. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is early 80s, because it’s online, so people can cheat
sammmmmmmmmmmmmy
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Probably 75-80, it was a decently challenging paper, so it will be lower than last year, but it wasn’t as hard as the 2015 and 2016 papers, so I doubt the boundary will go any lower. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is early 80s, because it’s online, so people can cheat
How an earth would people have cheated? Its literally impossible.
DrFuntimes24
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
How an earth would people have cheated? Its literally impossible.
I mean some schools don’t invigilate students, so they can search up stuff, and papers can be shared prematurely as well. It’s possible to cheat on most online tests, but it shouldn’t generally have that much of an effect normally
tamsinbuckle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
what do you think bronze, sliver and the two kangaroos will be?
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Some people are taking it on paper
DrFuntimes24
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by tamsinbuckle)
what do you think bronze, sliver and the two kangaroos will be?
I think it will be similiar to 2017-2018, overall, and I’m not too sure about the kangaroos, but I think the pink kangaroo are generally only a few marks higher than, or even equal to , a gold. Of course, these are my thoughts, so they might not be that accurate, but we will defo have lower boundaries than last year
tamsinbuckle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I think it will be similiar to 2017-2018, overall, and I’m not too sure about the kangaroos, but I think the pink kangaroo are generally only a few marks higher than, or even equal to , a gold. Of course, these are my thoughts, so they might not be that accurate, but we will defo have lower boundaries than last year
thank you so much! I sat it this morning and cried the whole way through it due to stress, oops. my school put a lot of pressure on me as last year (year 9 as i’m year 10 now) I got a gold and through to the kangaroo. I got second best in the school but the best in the school has now left so i’m now expected to take their place pretty much. I found this one way harder than last years so I hope you’re right with your predictions as I thought I was getting nothing, and at highest a bronze! I believe I got around 80, but under depending on if I get questions wrong. i’m hoping I got through to the kangaroo but fingers crossed. thank you so much for your help.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
when do the results come out?
DrFuntimes24
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by 416335)
when do the results come out?
It should be a few weeks, but the paper and marking schemes should be coming out very soon
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Last year's paper had medal/kangaroo/olympiad thresholds 10-20 marks higher than any other in recent years, so it was a bit of an outlier. Generally the marks get returned in 2-3 weeks and the paper/solution available a day or two after the exam, so today or Monday.

However this years smc paper/solution was delayed for a couple of weeks, so no discussion about questions/solutions until they're actually released please.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (18)
27.69%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (6)
9.23%
No I am happy with my choice (37)
56.92%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
6.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed