The Student Room Group

2021 HSBC UK Commercial Banking Graduate Scheme process

Hello guys!

I did my assessment centre for HSBC Commercial Banking Graduate Scheme in December 2020, but have not heard back any update.

They sent me this in January 2021:
Happy New Year to you! We hope the holiday period was a restful one for you and you are feeling energised for 2021.

We would like to thank you for your recent participation at our virtual Assessment Centre for the position of Commercial Banking Graduate Programme (UK - Regional Rotations). We enjoyed meeting you and very much hope that you enjoyed the day.

As you may have expected, there has been a short delay in communicating your assessment centre outcome due to the high interest in our programmes and the recent Christmas break, however, rest assured that your application is still very much under consideration as we continue to review your performance and feedback from the assessment centre.

But I am wondering is there anyone who has got any result, either offer or reject? They seem to be slow in process this year...
Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

I have also not heard back since my virtual assessment centre

Original post by echo1111
Hello guys!

I did my assessment centre for HSBC Commercial Banking Graduate Scheme in December 2020, but have not heard back any update.

They sent me this in January 2021:
Happy New Year to you! We hope the holiday period was a restful one for you and you are feeling energised for 2021.

We would like to thank you for your recent participation at our virtual Assessment Centre for the position of Commercial Banking Graduate Programme (UK - Regional Rotations). We enjoyed meeting you and very much hope that you enjoyed the day.

As you may have expected, there has been a short delay in communicating your assessment centre outcome due to the high interest in our programmes and the recent Christmas break, however, rest assured that your application is still very much under consideration as we continue to review your performance and feedback from the assessment centre.

But I am wondering is there anyone who has got any result, either offer or reject? They seem to be slow in process this year...
Thanks!

I have also not heard back since my virtual assessment centre. As with many of my other applications to be honest. How did you find the assessment centre?
Reply 2
Original post by Thornton_P
I have also not heard back since my virtual assessment centre

I have also not heard back since my virtual assessment centre. As with many of my other applications to be honest. How did you find the assessment centre?

Oh so people all have not heard back anything..?

i found the micro cases were challenging but 1-2-1 was a bit easier.
Reply 3
I also had my AC in early December and haven’t heard anything back! I found it ok but the whole experience was really tiring in the end
Stumbled across this thread and just wanted to say I heard back after my HSBC AC a little over 2 weeks. I'm based in Asia though so perhaps they work differently, but they should've mentioned how long they'd take to get back to you during the AC call, or I'd imagine someone would've asked! I would say though in my case, no news was good news! If they wanted to reject they'd have done it straightaway since I imagine it's easy to filter out who isn't cut out for the role, if you haven't heard back it's probably good news then!
Reply 5
Original post by alyssajames
Stumbled across this thread and just wanted to say I heard back after my HSBC AC a little over 2 weeks. I'm based in Asia though so perhaps they work differently, but they should've mentioned how long they'd take to get back to you during the AC call, or I'd imagine someone would've asked! I would say though in my case, no news was good news! If they wanted to reject they'd have done it straightaway since I imagine it's easy to filter out who isn't cut out for the role, if you haven't heard back it's probably good news then!

Thank you! May i know when did you do the AC?
Thank you! May i know when did you do the AC?

Last month! January 2021.
Reply 7
Last month! January 2021.

Wow that’s really quick! Congratulations to u!
Wow that’s really quick! Congratulations to u!

Thank you! I wouldn't worry if I were you either, remember a rejection always comes way quicker :smile:
Reply 9
Thank you! I wouldn't worry if I were you either, remember a rejection always comes way quicker :smile:

Thanks!!!
Hey guys I put this in the main hsbc thread too, but I emailed the grad team as I have an offer expiring with another company. They said that it’s likely they won’t b able to give any final offers in the next couple of weeks! Just to let you all know there’s gonna be a long wait
Reply 11
Original post by rkb12345
Hey guys I put this in the main hsbc thread too, but I emailed the grad team as I have an offer expiring with another company. They said that it’s likely they won’t b able to give any final offers in the next couple of weeks! Just to let you all know there’s gonna be a long wait

Thanks for the info!
Reply 12
Original post by rkb12345

Do you mind sharing to which email address you sent an email to?
Reply 13
Hi! I've been given an invitation for an AC, any tips on how to prepare? Thanks
Original post by simxo
Hi! I've been given an invitation for an AC, any tips on how to prepare? Thanks

Read up about current affairs and pick out a few news events you can relate to your division, impacts/challenges etc.
Reply 15
Read up about current affairs and pick out a few news events you can relate to your division, impacts/challenges etc.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 16
It seems like CMB is still having AC? I thought by now interviews should all finish...
Reply 17
Original post by scheghe
It seems like CMB is still having AC? I thought by now interviews should all finish...

Yeah bit confused by this myself - definitely thought A/C’s would’ve finished by now surely :frown:
Reply 18
Original post by ned13
Yeah bit confused by this myself - definitely thought A/C’s would’ve finished by now surely :frown:

yea i did the AC on Dec 1st, cant believe I am still waiting for the outcome lol. Perhaps none of the AC candidates is good enough so they are running more...
Reply 19
Original post by scheghe
yea i did the AC on Dec 1st, cant believe I am still waiting for the outcome lol. Perhaps none of the AC candidates is good enough so they are running more...

I did mine on 17th November and still nothing! Literally can’t believe we are still waiting for a decision - I don’t understand how they can take so long!! :mad: Have you contacted recruitment recently?

Quick Reply

Latest