The Student Room Group

2021 HSBC UK Commercial Banking Graduate Scheme process

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ned13
I did mine on 17th November and still nothing! Literally can’t believe we are still waiting for a decision - I don’t understand how they can take so long!! :mad: Have you contacted recruitment recently?

Oh man I am sorry lol. I only emailed them in January when the HR said I should expect a decision in Feb. Wbu?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by scheghe
Oh man I am sorry lol. I only emailed them in January when the HR said I should expect a decision in Feb. Wbu?

Yeah I emailed a few weeks back and they said latest they would expect to be giving offers/rejections would be March - guess we could be waiting a few more weeks!
Reply 22
Original post by ned13
Yeah I emailed a few weeks back and they said latest they would expect to be giving offers/rejections would be March - guess we could be waiting a few more weeks!

Hey which position and where u apply to?
Original post by echo1111
Oh so people all have not heard back anything..?

i found the micro cases were challenging but 1-2-1 was a bit easier.

Hi, I have my AC coming up, can you please tell me if the micro exercises comprised of sjts or numerical or both? Also can you please elaborate on what you mean by 1-2-1?
Reply 24
Original post by kv_19963
Hi, I have my AC coming up, can you please tell me if the micro exercises comprised of sjts or numerical or both? Also can you please elaborate on what you mean by 1-2-1?

Mostly SJT, no numerical. 1-2-1 means the one to one interview with the manager :smile:
Mostly SJT, no numerical. 1-2-1 means the one to one interview with the manager :smile:

Thanks a lot for your answer... Also can you tell how many students are there in total in AC? :smile:
Reply 26
Thanks a lot for your answer... Also can you tell how many students are there in total in AC? :smile:

Hmm I don’t remember clearly. More than 20 I guess...??
Reply 27
Hey which position and where u apply to?

Applied to full time CMB graduate position what about you?
Reply 28
just email the HR ysd and got a reply saying the earliest decisions will be made in March.
Reply 29
Original post by ned13
Applied to full time CMB graduate position what about you?

Same. U apply for Ldn position?
Hmm I don’t remember clearly. More than 20 I guess...??

Okay, thanks :smile:.. do you remember how many got selected?
Reply 31
Okay, thanks :smile:.. do you remember how many got selected?

I don't know... cuz we haven't got any update..
wow, some of you did the AC in November!! Any very last minute words of wisdom from those that have done it??
Original post by LegalCommercial
wow, some of you did the AC in November!! Any very last minute words of wisdom from those that have done it??

Hopefully it’s gone well if you’ve already done it! If you haven’t, make sure you read around the CMB industry, challenges they’re facing, how they operate!
Hey Guys!! I completed my JS in Oct and haven't received an invite for AC yet. As far as what I've read on their website the AC comprises of 1 group exercise, 1 individual case study & presentation and a one to one interview. Am I right here?
Reply 35
Hi guys, can you share more about the AC please please, I think many graduates are trying to get a job currently. Sharing your experience would be helpful for us.Thanks
Reply 36
Original post by rkb12345
Strengths interview - they’re trying to understand your underlying motivations and how you think so I used the STAR approach to an extent, but talked about why I made certain decisions.

Competency interview - needed a lot of knowledge on commercial banking industry, how the current climate affects hsbc

Assessments - I can’t remember but maybe 6(? Someone correct me) fast paced activities. Needed to analyse information quickly and then be on video very quickly after. Either to make recommendations, analyse a trend, etc.

Can’t really remember anything else, it was the first AC I did!

I really really appreciate this information. Thank you!
Reply 37
Original post by rkb12345
Strengths interview - they’re trying to understand your underlying motivations and how you think so I used the STAR approach to an extent, but talked about why I made certain decisions.

Competency interview - needed a lot of knowledge on commercial banking industry, how the current climate affects hsbc

Assessments - I can’t remember but maybe 6(? Someone correct me) fast paced activities. Needed to analyse information quickly and then be on video very quickly after. Either to make recommendations, analyse a trend, etc.

Can’t really remember anything else, it was the first AC I did!

Original post by Cat-dog
Hi guys, can you share more about the AC please please, I think many graduates are trying to get a job currently. Sharing your experience would be helpful for us.Thanks

I would give pretty much exactly the same advice - spot on! Have you got your AC coming up??
Reply 38
...I'm just wondering has anyone got any update of CMB grad role???
if so what have you got?
Reply 39
...I'm just wondering has anyone got any update of CMB grad role???
if so what have you got?

Nothing :frown: have you?

Quick Reply