The Student Room Group

Quick question for some EPQ research i am conducting.

Do you think a technological singularity will occur in the next 100 years? Yes or No

A technological singularity is the hypothetical future point in time where technology grows uncontrollably thus resulting in unforeseeable changes to the human civilisation (linked with artificial intelligence superseding human intelligence and thus taking over the biological existence of humans).

Please answer its very important to me. Thank you. J
(edited 3 years ago)
Yes, I do think it will considering the new 5G network and the extra ten cameras on the new iPhones...

I’ve also seen a talk about brain chips!! It was a ted talk if you want to see it.
(edited 3 years ago)
yes!!
Reply 3
Original post by tedibare
Yes, I do think it will considering the new 5G network and the extra ten cameras on the new iPhones...

I’ve also seen a talk about brain chips!! It was a ted talk if you want to see it.

Nice. What's the name of the Ted talk?
Original post by JAY.A
Nice. What's the name of the Ted talk?

New brain computer interface technology
Reply 5
Original post by tedibare
New brain computer interface technology

Thank you.
Original post by JAY.A
Do you think a technological singularity will occur in the next 100 years? Yes or No

A technological singularity is the hypothetical future point in time where technology grows uncontrollably thus resulting in unforeseeable changes to the human civilisation (linked with artificial intelligence superseding human intelligence and thus taking over the biological existence of humans).

Please answer its very important to me. Thank you. J

While I'm no technological expert, from what I can understand from five minutes of research is that I'd definitely say that it's possible for this hypothetical point in technological development to come around within the next century, and that steps towards that point have already been achieved (whether that's a good thing or not is another question!) :^_^:
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending