Will my car be written off?

Watch
Intrigued1999
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AliNineNine)
I fell asleep sorry, the other guy that's been responding is correct and I'd do the same!
That’s okay! Thank you all for your help. Update: I’ve contacted my insurance and told them that I didn’t mean to open a claim, instead I just wanted to report an incident. I can confirm they’ve taken the claim off my end and also informed me that the third party has made a claim against me which I did expect. I was wondering, if the third party made a claim against me and has repaired their car prior to making this claim, what happens?
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Intrigued1999)
That’s okay! Thank you all for your help. Update: I’ve contacted my insurance and told them that I didn’t mean to open a claim, instead I just wanted to report an incident. I can confirm they’ve taken the claim off my end and also informed me that the third party has made a claim against me which I did expect. I was wondering, if the third party made a claim against me and has repaired their car prior to making this claim, what happens?
If they've repaired their car already then there's nothing to claim?
Intrigued1999
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
If they've repaired their car already then there's nothing to claim?
That’s what I assumed but having just spoken to someone from my insurance team, they said they’ll in essence reimburse them for what they’ve spent to repair the car. Is this not quite risky considering the third party could easily fabricate the figures?
AliNineNine
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That’s what I assumed but having just spoken to someone from my insurance team, they said they’ll in essence reimburse them for what they’ve spent to repair the car. Is this not quite risky considering the third party could easily fabricate the figures?
potentially could fabricate but they wouldn't be able to make such a big difference in how much it cost
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They'll require invoices from a VAT registered repairer before paying out.
Intrigued1999
Rep:
?
(Original post by AliNineNine)
potentially could fabricate but they wouldn't be able to make such a big difference in how much it cost
Understandable, thank you
Intrigued1999
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
They'll require invoices from a VAT registered repairer before paying out.
Thank you for all of your help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (536)
51.15%
No (512)
48.85%

Watched Threads