Anon99220099
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
For A&F students:

Do you think people view your course as easy? I've seen people talk about this on the forums before, saying it's not quantitative enough etc.

Is, say, economics or pure finance seen as more challenging?

It really doesn't matter but I'm just curious.
MindMax2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I haven't exactly done an A&F degree, but I did do an accounting related degree, and I can tell you now that A&F is not easy.

In fact, I found economics or finance being easier, despite being more quantitative.

The difficulty of maths involved is low, don't get me wrong. What makes it challenging is the way you need to reason or think in accounting.
If you're more logically minded and have a flare for quantiative material, you would find the management accounting, economics, and stats modules easier than the financial accounting, audit, and law modules. (On the other hand, they also bore me the most.)
Other people who have went on to do courses in economics and finance can vouch something similar. In fact, it's usually the economics and finance students who come to the accounting students for help more than the other way round.

An A&F degree would probably give you the most exemptions in a professional accounting qualification than any other degree course out there though. If you intend to go into accounting and you want to study a degree for it, A&F is probably the best option to go with.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (4)
8.16%
I need help researching courses (4)
8.16%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
6.12%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
48.98%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (10)
20.41%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2.04%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
6.12%

Watched Threads