The Student Room Group

Ive done something a bit daft will I be ok?

I’m getting a bit anxious about this but at the same time I see it as too trivial to contact professionals for.

I ordered a milkshake to be delivered and as I’m paranoid about covid I sprayed all around the outside of the plastic cup with dettol. I wiped it then sprayed inside/outside the straw with dettol before running tap water through it.

I thought I could taste dettol all the time whilst drinking the milkshake but carried on anyway (it was good). Now I’m honestly a bit worried and am reading horror stories online about people who consumed small amounts.

?? Will it be ok ?
Reply 1
Ive drank it now
Reply 2
I will, going to bed soon but will be semi prepared for health effects etc

I’ll probably end up in hospital and catch covid there after all this knowing my luck
Reply 3
Since the covid era Ive always wiped takeaway stuff with dettol wipes but this time went a bit over the top with the spray.
Original post by Anonymous
I’m getting a bit anxious about this but at the same time I see it as too trivial to contact professionals for.

I ordered a milkshake to be delivered and as I’m paranoid about covid I sprayed all around the outside of the plastic cup with dettol. I wiped it then sprayed inside/outside the straw with dettol before running tap water through it.

I thought I could taste dettol all the time whilst drinking the milkshake but carried on anyway (it was good). Now I’m honestly a bit worried and am reading horror stories online about people who consumed small amounts.

?? Will it be ok ?

How much could you taste it? Was the taste of detol really apparent?
Reply 5
Original post by Ivyreign
How much could you taste it? Was the taste of detol really apparent?

I could certainly taste it not sure how much of this was psychological. Guess I would be feeling it by now if I’d have done any harm, not sure
Original post by Anonymous
I could certainly taste it not sure how much of this was psychological. Guess I would be feeling it by now if I’d have done any harm, not sure

Think you’ll be fine tbh it’s only detol not hard core bleach aha
Reply 7
Original post by Ivyreign
Think you’ll be fine tbh it’s only detol not hard core bleach aha

True 😎

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending