MeggyT
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi , I’m a 1st year nursing student and currently unhappy being on my course . Covid restrictions really haven’t helped and I just don’t have the motivation to do it. However my family aren’t being very supportive of me wanting to drop out and won’t try and understand what stay means for me.
harrybk
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I had a s*** time in my first year of uni. If I had had the balls I would have definitely dropped out. Obviously, you will be going through something completely different and not doubt way worse. But in my opinion the benefits of sticking with it outweigh what you have to gain from quitting.
1. Resilience. Going through the **** will make you stronger.
2. Debt. You have already taken a third of the loan for a degree so you may as well see it to the end.
3. Clearer future. After three years of doing something you don't like you can for sure say that it's not what you want to do for the rest of your life. If you drop out you might regret it and think "what if?".
The covid situation will get better. We are lucky the UK's vaccination program is far ahead of most nations. Next year will be completely different!
Keep on keeping on
natalieje
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
It's understandable how you're feeling, however I would definitely keep at it. I really didn't enjoy my time at University, but I knew that by sticking it out, even if I didn't end up with the career I intended, something else could come from it. Having a degree can often put you at an advantage, it shows that your hard-working and determined, and employers really value these attributes in an employee.

Have you got any friends on your course who you could talk to that could maybe help you during this difficult period?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (338)
83.66%
No (66)
16.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed