The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster BA Film interview 2020

So I received my interview request for Westminster film which is really exciting!! But I’m also very extremely nervous. If anyone has advice for the interview process that would be great, and for anybody else prepping for their interview it would be great to just talk on here too :smile:)
heyy i had an interview there for graphics! ik its not the same course obvs but im guessing maybe the questions will be kinda similar? did u have to submit any pieces of work you've done / portfolio?? if so they will probs defo go through that with you, asking you what led you to do that / what ur inspiration was etc... i was also asked who my fave artist is so im guessing you'll be asked who your favourite director is (or something along those lines haha) & why. Also was asked why I wanted to study there so defo look really into the course on their website / try watch any vids on youtube of the campus etc. also my interviewer said "there are so many graphics courses in the country why westminster?" so defo list something specific about the film course that stood out to u! & also word of advice is at the end when they ask if you have any questions defo have some questions to ask just bc it makes you look more engaged in the interview! good luck hope i managed to help x
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
heyy i had an interview there for graphics! ik its not the same course obvs but im guessing maybe the questions will be kinda similar? did u have to submit any pieces of work you've done / portfolio?? if so they will probs defo go through that with you, asking you what led you to do that / what ur inspiration was etc... i was also asked who my fave artist is so im guessing you'll be asked who your favourite director is (or something along those lines haha) & why. Also was asked why I wanted to study there so defo look really into the course on their website / try watch any vids on youtube of the campus etc. also my interviewer said "there are so many graphics courses in the country why westminster?" so defo list something specific about the film course that stood out to u! & also word of advice is at the end when they ask if you have any questions defo have some questions to ask just bc it makes you look more engaged in the interview! good luck hope i managed to help x

Thank you so much!! That’s so helpful
Hi. I had my interview for the same course yesterday and It was relatively chilled out. The interviewer mainly asked about projects I submitted on my portfolio and then we briefly spoke about what films I like and what I want to do in the future. I wasn't really prompted to say why certain films were my favourites which was odd but I'm guessing it went well because I got an offer. Overall the interview was very laid back and much more like a general conversation to get to know you and for you to ask questions.
Reply 4
Original post by richardmukuze952
Hi. I had my interview for the same course yesterday and It was relatively chilled out. The interviewer mainly asked about projects I submitted on my portfolio and then we briefly spoke about what films I like and what I want to do in the future. I wasn't really prompted to say why certain films were my favourites which was odd but I'm guessing it went well because I got an offer. Overall the interview was very laid back and much more like a general conversation to get to know you and for you to ask questions.

Ah congrats! That’s great, may I ask if you had to go through your portfolio with them during the interview, like did you have to do a presentation of any of your work?
Original post by greengoose
Ah congrats! That’s great, may I ask if you had to go through your portfolio with them during the interview, like did you have to do a presentation of any of your work?

I didn't really have to go through mine. I think the interviewer had it open on her screen and would just ask questions about certain projects. But I didn't have to present.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending