amy8282727
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi, I applied to Exeter, Southampton, Birmingham, Sussex and Swansea back in November for Bsc Geography. I've had offers back from all but Exeter, and was wondering if anyone else is still waiting for theirs? I wouldn't be too fussed but Exeter is my top choice so now I'm starting to worry!
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
It took me a couple of weeks to get my offer (not for geography), but I applied in October (when there would be lots less applicants to process through)
amy8282727
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
It took me a couple of weeks to get my offer (not for geography), but I applied in October (when there would be lots less applicants to process through)
Okay thank you, hope everything goes well for you!
dicotyledon
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I have had an offer from Exeter for BSc Geography (with a placement year) after a couple weeks I think when I applied in December but I shouldn't worry too much about not hearing back! It doesn't mean you are rejected, they technically still have plenty of time before they have to reply. Best of luck though, hope you get an offer soon
hakim667
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by amy8282727)
Hi, I applied to Exeter, Southampton, Birmingham, Sussex and Swansea back in November for Bsc Geography. I've had offers back from all but Exeter, and was wondering if anyone else is still waiting for theirs? I wouldn't be too fussed but Exeter is my top choice so now I'm starting to worry!
Hi Amy
What course are you doing? I can give you a further insight as to whether you will get an offer or not.

Also, what are your grades?

Either way, statistically speaking, you are very very likely to get an offer from Exeter. Just look at their offer rate, I believe it is a whopping ~88.7%.

Of course, this is just generally speaking, but depending on your course, odds are, you’ll get an offer if you actually meet the entry requirements.

I was a student at Exeter previously, left a few months after.
dicotyledon
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by hakim667)
Hi Amy
What course are you doing? I can give you a further insight as to whether you will get an offer or not.

Either way, statistically speaking, you are very very likely to get an offer from Exeter. Just look at their offer rate, I believe it is a whopping ~88.7%.

Of course, this is just generally speaking, but depending on your course, odds are, you’ll get an offer if you actually meet the entry requirements.

Hi, just wondering how you found their offer rate?
hakim667
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by dicotyledon)
Hi, just wondering how you found their offer rate?
Sure I’ll provide a link. Though, again, I have to mention, this is just generally speaking, it’s not a statistic that applies to one particular course.

https://www.savethestudent.org/fresh...-get-into.html

You have to scroll a little bit to find Exeter.
amy8282727
Rep:
?
(Original post by hakim667)
Hi Amy

Hey!

I applied for Geography Bsc (F800) and have predicted grades of AAB in geography, psychology and maths. My GCSEs weren’t the best, i got 88777776655. I meet all their entry requirements but still nothing back
amy8282727
Rep:
?
(Original post by dicotyledon)
I have had an offer from Exeter for BSc Geography (with a placement year) after a couple weeks I think when I applied in December but I shouldn't worry too much about not hearing back! It doesn't mean you are rejected, they technically still have plenty of time before they have to reply. Best of luck though, hope you get an offer soon
Congrats! Hopefully might see you there in September
hakim667
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by amy8282727)
Hey!

I applied for Geography Bsc (F800) and have predicted grades of AAB in geography, psychology and maths. My GCSEs weren’t the best, i got 88777776655. I meet all their entry requirements but still nothing back
Do me a favour, lol.
Reply back to this message for everyone to see telling us how happy you are you got an offer.

Don’t say I didn’t tell you so.
You’ll get an offer.
I’m sure of it.
Reem's Quest
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi HakimI just wondered, what were you studying at Exeter and what made you leave? Was it something to do with the uni (teaching standards/lack of interesting modules/student life/etc)?I have a confirmed offer for BA geography at Exeter (deferred from last year) but I'm nervous if I've made the right decision. I'd love to know what you made of it.Thanks!
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
hakim667 see post 11
hakim667
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Reem's Quest)
Hi HakimI just wondered, what were you studying at Exeter and what made you leave? Was it something to do with the uni (teaching standards/lack of interesting modules/student life/etc)?I have a confirmed offer for BA geography at Exeter (deferred from last year) but I'm nervous if I've made the right decision. I'd love to know what you made of it.Thanks!
I left Exeter three months after being in. Never did any exam or anything of that nature before leaving. I was studying Law, and just decided that the subject wasn’t for me.

However, I will say that the teaching I received as well as the support provided both academically and emotionally was world class. Like honestly, world class. Everything was right about Exeter apart from my actual interest in the subject area.

I’ve now taken some time off (~1 year) and decided, after some long thought and personal experience, to pursue construction engineering management (I know...really different right). Got a confirmed place at Loughborough University after a few interviews.

Based off of my experience at Exeter as well as my friends, some of whom were studying subjects in the humanities department, the teaching facilities and quality is all around excellent. I really haven’t heard anything negative from anyone I know personally who’s studied at Exeter during my time there.

I would advocate the decision you’ve made. Exeter is a brilliant choice. Assuming you actually have an interest in the subject your studying and thought long and hard about whether you actually want to pursue knowledge and a degree within this subject area, you won’t regret the choice of picking Exeter. You will receive a solid solid quality education and will go through one hell of an experience (their nightlife is great and the people there are interesting, wild and a few are mad. But there are many level headed people). I really liked the open mindedness of everyone there. Being from a black background, I was a little hesitant at first when going there, but I experienced no discrimination of any kind. Everyone, including the staff, treated me very well.

A potential disadvantage I’d say for some people is it’s a little expensive. (Accommodation and leisure wise)

Anyway, if you have more questions, please shoot me a response and il reply to the best of my ability.

Hakim
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (17)
17.71%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (27)
28.13%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (9)
9.38%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (10)
10.42%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
5.21%
I think it's an unfair expectation (26)
27.08%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
2.08%

Watched Threads