Sia says sorry to autism community for controversial film Music

Watch
GremlinIAMH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
I didnt compare Nazis to Autistics. Save your melodramatic response and read the comment again.

That is your perception and you're welcome to it, alas that doesnt make it a fact though.
Do you need a crash course on what a comparison is??

"Imagine the troubles of trying to do historical dramas where, for example, the only people qualified to play the Nazis are all in their late 80's or dead."

In this context, you were saying that the only people qualified to play Nazis were Nazis. The entire point of this comment was to put down the point that a particular group of people shouldn't be the only ones portraying that group in acting. In the context of the thread, this is comparing Nazis to Autistics as your entire argument has been against only Autistics playing Autistics. This is GCSE inference.

Also with your entire perception thing, please do point me in the direction of anyone who is educated in this field or Autistic and has said any different. The closest you'll ever find is simulations, which still don't give you the whole story as it focuses on the sensory aspect and not misinterpreting situations or not understanding body language. Then again your view on this is your perception and you're welcome to it, alas that doesn't make it a fact though.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by GremlinIAMH)
Do you need a crash course on what a comparison is??

"Imagine the troubles of trying to do historical dramas where, for example, the only people qualified to play the Nazis are all in their late 80's or dead."

In this context, you were saying that the only people qualified to play Nazis were Nazis. The entire point of this comment was to put down the point that a particular group of people shouldn't be the only ones portraying that group in acting. In the context of the thread, this is comparing Nazis to Autistics as your entire argument has been against only Autistics playing Autistics. This is GCSE inference.

Also with your entire perception thing, please do point me in the direction of anyone who is educated in this field or Autistic and has said any different. The closest you'll ever find is simulations, which still don't give you the whole story as it focuses on the sensory aspect and not misinterpreting situations or not understanding body language. Then again your view on this is your perception and you're welcome to it, alas that doesn't make it a fact though.
Errr apparently you do :rofl: Either that or you aren't particularly adept at comprehension, your GCSE not withstanding, i suggest you get back to it and stop trying to manufacture outrage at a comment that does not exist. The bit you quoted quite obviously not comparing autistics to nazis - except to those who cant read it would seem.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.39%
Virtual campus tours/open days (99)
22.86%
Live streaming events (39)
9.01%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (41)
9.47%
A uni comparison tool (99)
22.86%
An in-person event when available (97)
22.4%