The Student Room Group

Can I tell her I ker her over DM?

Is it weird to tell someone you like them over Instagram? I was going to confess on the last day of school over Instagram, but am not sure if it is cowardly to do so. Is it weird, given that we've never spoken?

Thanks.
It isn't weird to confess via instagram. Have you actually spoken at all like in real life or online?
Reply 2
Original post by something_orphic
It isn't weird to confess via instagram. Have you actually spoken at all like in real life or online?

We go to the same Sixth Form and share a class. I've spoken in front of her, as she has in front of me, but I've never conversed with her. Just in case, I'm 18.
Original post by Anonymous
We go to the same Sixth Form and share a class. I've spoken in front of her, as she has in front of me, but I've never conversed with her. Just in case, I'm 18.

Get to know her. If she feeling it ask her in a few days. **** it man Valentine’s Day in a couple weeks shoot it.

Honestly i dont think its weird. I would talk to her as someone has already suggested for a few days just so that it isn't out of the blue. Then ask. :smile:
Reply 5
Get to know her. If she feeling it ask her in a few days. **** it man Valentine’s Day in a couple weeks shoot it.

If only. She might also have a boyfriend. I'm not expecting anything back from her, but I still want to tell her how I feel. I was going to tell her on the last day of school so that any embarrassment would be minimal. Besides, if I did ask her, not only would she reject me but I'd be the laughing stock of Sixth Form.
Reply 6
That's a good point. I never thought of I like that. I probably should prepare the water. But what could I talk to her about? I'm self- conscious as anything and she is the most attractive girl I've ever seen.
Is it weird to tell someone you like them over Instagram? I was going to confess on the last day of school over Instagram, but am not sure if it is cowardly to do so. Is it weird, given that we've never spoken?

Thanks.

If you haven't properly spoken to her as in a sort of conversation with her it could come over as weird. Depends if she feels nervous too then maybe less so. Traditionally (by which I mean a few years back) it could be seen as a bit cowardly in that it's not the most socially able way of asking a girl out. Whether that bothers her will depend on the girl. Doing it on the last day would save embarrassment but I would suggest after you've left for the day. No point in suffering embarrassment during the day.

If she's a pretty girl there's a high chance she may have a bf or go for guys at the upper end of the social scale. I personally prefer to ask to meet up with a girl for a meet without professing I like her. If she is willing to meet me and we get along and she open up to me then telling her that I like her can follow on after. Honestly I asked a girl for a meet once, she had been pretty warm & friendly in class. I thought my chances were good, but turns out she already had a bf and she turned me down on the meet up (ouch lol) So least to say I was glad that I didn't say that I liked her or my small embarrassment would have been a major one. Plus odds are word would have gotten around, as it was I don't think it became worth talk, at least none I heard off :rolleyes: Just saying this so you get an idea off how it can go down.
The answer would be no if you've talked a lot. Especially in these times where you might not have (m)any opportunities to physically meet. But if you haven't spoke to them much if at all you can't expect a positive result. Get chatting with her more and see how it goes

Thanks

Just go for it? Worst case scenario she'll say no

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending