MSc Healthcare courses - Warwick vs. Nottingham vs. Leicester

Watch
drhuda123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hello,I am a dental graduate (2017) and would like to shift my career a little into healthcare quality improvement. So to apply for jobs, I need to get a qualification first.I searched a lot about available courses, and the three full-time programs which stood out are; - Warwick University -WMG - MSc Healthcare Operational Management: while its not a healthcare quality program 100%, I liked that the modules focus on leading quality improvement through healthcare management,
  • Leading Change in Healthcare
  • Quality and Productivity in Health Service Systems
  • Operational Management and Clinical Systems Improvement
  • Introduction to Health Informatics
  • Electronic Healthcare Records
  • Epidemiology and Statistical Methods for Quality Improvement
  • Introduction to Health Economics
  • Resource Management in Health Service Quality
The only module I am not excited about is Introduction to Health Economics. Pros: wider career choices after graduating. Cons: it's more management than healthcare quality and patient safety.- Nottingham University - MSc Quality and Patient Safety Improvement: with the following modules,
  • Fundamentals of Safety, Quality, and Improvement
  • Measurement and analysis of Improvement in practice
  • Applied Human factors in healthcare safety and quality
  • Organizational aspects of Risk, Safety, and Quality
  • Leading and Following in the improvement process
  • Improvement, power, professionalism, and citizen leadership
Pros: it focuses on healthcare quality and patient safety, Cons: on the website, it states: "Teaching contact time for a full-time student is approximately 6 hours each week," I wonder if 6 hours of teaching is enough. Moreover, I am afraid it will limit my career options because there aren't many job vacancies for healthcare quality officers in my country.-Leicester University- MSc Quality and Safety in Healthcare: with the following modules,
  • Quality and Quality Improvement in Healthcare
  • Patient Safety
  • Human Factors and Ergonomics for Patient Safety
  • Measuring and Monitoring in Healthcare
  • Leading, Managing, and Organising Quality and Safety in Healthcare
Pros: it focuses on healthcare quality and patient safety, maybe a bit less exciting than Nottingham uni modules. Cons: again, I hope it doesn't limit my career options after I graduate. I think Nottingham and Warwick are my top options. I would rank this 3 or 4.Fortunately, I got a good grade in college (it isn't based on GPA, grades instead, and I got mostly As). And overall score 8 on IELTS, I need to prepare a really good personal statement (I am stuck here)...I would like to get your opinions on the universities? The programs if anyone studied them or heard about them? Healthcare quality officers, what would you recommend? Or any good master's course outside this list.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (18)
32.73%
No (37)
67.27%

Watched Threads