"I hear yer a racist now Father"

Watch
Just my opinion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
https://news.sky.com/story/captain-s...-hurt-12208212

"A cleric's comments branding those taking part in the clap for Captain Sir Tom Moore "a cult of white British nationalism", have been described as "unacceptable, insensitive, and ill-judged".
In a now-deleted tweet, the London-based Reverend Jarel Robinson-Brown wrote: "The cult of Captain Tom is a cult of White British Nationalism. I will offer prayers for the repose of his kind and generous soul, but I will not be joining the 'National Clap'."

I don't think that went the way he thought it would. 🤔
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Not very Christian of him.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think people with mad opinions used to self-censor more before mass use of the internet.

Try sampling that argument among peers or in the pub and you'll get told it's ****ing stupid. Go on the internet, surround yourself with an echo chamber, and suddenly you can have dozens of people telling you how insightful your bull-**** is.

The CofE shouldn't block people with non-mainstream views from the clergy. But equally, there is a line at which someone becomes a foaming-at-the-mouth loon that you wouldn't expect to find in a professional environment. At that stage, taking them on as anything is a liability.
Ascend
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Religious and identitarian. *chef kiss*

From the synopsis of his upcoming book, Black, Gay, British, Christian, Queer:

"A vital call to the Church and the world that Black, Queer, Christian lives matter, this book seeks to remind the Church of those who find themselves beyond its fellowship yet who directly suffer from the perpetual ecclesial terrorism of the Christian community through its speech and its silence."

:laugh:
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
A rather ironic comment given i'd put money on him being a black supremacist with such views. As to trying to smear those supporting the late Captain, and by extension the man himself, tasteless does not even begin to cover it.
A hypercritical and unlikeable person at any rate.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I wonder if he'll post further tweets revealing a similar stance towards lent, pentecost, easter, advent or christmas.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (57)
13.83%
Virtual campus tours/open days (95)
23.06%
Live streaming events (38)
9.22%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (39)
9.47%
A uni comparison tool (93)
22.57%
An in-person event when available (90)
21.84%