skinny but wanna eat better

Watch
cheese toes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
i'm really skinny but i eat like crazy and i hate it. i feel so out of control and want to stop eating so much. i want to kind of diet so i don't feel like this anymore but i'm afraid of getting even skinnier, also no one will understand why i'm not eating as much, they'll say 'shut up you're skinny you don't need to diet!' anyone have any tips?
Laptop2638
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Firstly, its important to remember that someone can look skinny on the outside, but they are just as unhealthy inside. I think its great that you want to start eating healthier, and you're doing it for yourself (v. important), not anyone else. I definitely wouldn't recommend dieting. It does not last long, and you will be restricting certain foods, like chocolate, that you feel are 'unhealthy'. in the end, you most likely will end up eating like 10 choc bars at night, because you were craving one in the day, but felt it was unhealthy, so left it. No food is 'unhealthy', you just have to make sure to eat in moderation. I do not think you will get significantly skinnier, as long as you keep eating as much as you are. I would recommend that you eat treats, and eat meals you crave, just make sure to try and eat more fruits and veg and make healthier choices e.g. don't eat 3 bars of chocolate in a day, just stick to 1 or 2. Healthy eating doesn't mean cutting out treats like pizzas and doughnuts, it means having a balanced diet. It also doesn't mean skipping meals, or eating smaller portions. Eat until you're full. You're body needs food!! This way, you aren't technically on a diet, so you don't even have to tell ppl u are and wait for them to make rude comments!!
Hope this helps!!
elixirhtc
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hmm ! most people have the same kinds of issue for most of the people yes it's true that eating not so much but it working very rapidly for somebody the get fat but not skinny.
cheese toes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Laptop2638)
Firstly, its important to remember that someone can look skinny on the outside, but they are just as unhealthy inside. I think its great that you want to start eating healthier, and you're doing it for yourself (v. important), not anyone else. I definitely wouldn't recommend dieting. It does not last long, and you will be restricting certain foods, like chocolate, that you feel are 'unhealthy'. in the end, you most likely will end up eating like 10 choc bars at night, because you were craving one in the day, but felt it was unhealthy, so left it. No food is 'unhealthy', you just have to make sure to eat in moderation. I do not think you will get significantly skinnier, as long as you keep eating as much as you are. I would recommend that you eat treats, and eat meals you crave, just make sure to try and eat more fruits and veg and make healthier choices e.g. don't eat 3 bars of chocolate in a day, just stick to 1 or 2. Healthy eating doesn't mean cutting out treats like pizzas and doughnuts, it means having a balanced diet. It also doesn't mean skipping meals, or eating smaller portions. Eat until you're full. You're body needs food!! This way, you aren't technically on a diet, so you don't even have to tell ppl u are and wait for them to make rude comments!!
Hope this helps!!
cool, great advice thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.33%
Virtual campus tours/open days (100)
22.99%
Live streaming events (39)
8.97%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (41)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (100)
22.99%
An in-person event when available (97)
22.3%