zytodyne
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I have offers from 2 of the Big 4. One is for Financial Services audit, the other is for data & analytics.

The Audit route sounds good because the ACA is very valuable, there's potential for management experience, and the exit opportunities are relatively good. However, the work-life balance sounds punishing. 8am-11pm for perhaps half the year, and 9am-6pm for the other half if you're lucky. That, plus studying for the ACA.

Data & Analytics is a good career, such skills are in high demand. The work-life balance is much better, usually 9am-5pm. However, no valuable qualification, less potential for management.

It sounds to me like the Audit route is marginally better, but am I mad to consider putting myself through that when I have the option not to?
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Pick which you think you will enjoy the most. The chances are, for the big four, you'll be working long hours either way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (596)
49.17%
No (616)
50.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise