ducky2912
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I have just received my start date for RAF Halton Phase 1 Basic Training. I just wondered if anybody had some good advice or top tips before starting? Any help is greatly appreciated!
esideshowbob
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Go there with a good level of fitness so it's one less thing to play on your mind. For inspections, always keep one spare razor blade brand new so that you can swap it out just for this. Put the one you're using away somewhere and just have the unused one on display. When you return at say lunchtime to get some kit and your boots are a bit mucky from the morning, give them a quick brush polish to clean them - most likely they will notice this. Apart from that, its just a case of doing what you're told. Enjoy.
ducky2912
Rep:
?
(Original post by esideshowbob)
Go there with a good level of fitness so it's one less thing to play on your mind. For inspections, always keep one spare razor blade brand new so that you can swap it out just for this. Put the one you're using away somewhere and just have the unused one on display. When you return at say lunchtime to get some kit and your boots are a bit mucky from the morning, give them a quick brush polish to clean them - most likely they will notice this. Apart from that, its just a case of doing what you're told. Enjoy.
Thank you so much, appreciate your advice. Regarding the razor blade, does that apply to just the men or the women as well? I'm presuming the razor is for facial hair but could be wrong. I'm female just clarify.
esideshowbob
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ducky2912)
Thank you so much, appreciate your advice. Regarding the razor blade, does that apply to just the men or the women as well? I'm presuming the razor is for facial hair but could be wrong. I'm female just clarify.
I was making the assumption that you were male, sorry about that, so don't worry about the razor. Just head in with an open mind you'll be fine. What trade are you going for after basic?
ducky2912
Rep:
?
(Original post by esideshowbob)
I was making the assumption that you were male, sorry about that, so don't worry about the razor. Just head in with an open mind you'll be fine. What trade are you going for after basic?
No worries at all ahah! I'll be going for Police, are you currently serving yourself?
esideshowbob
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yes, I'm a weapons tech. Enjoy yourself and don't take everything too seriously - especially the banter for being police.
sophboddyy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I've got my start date also and going as police, is yours this year?
cycleintothe
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sophboddyy)
I've got my start date also and going as police, is yours this year?
I have been given the rough date of January yet not confirmed. bit bummed its so far away yet it means i can be on top form for my fitness.When is yours?
sophboddyy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was offered July but didn't feel ready yet so accepted the September intake!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise