Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i just got a propectus for kingston college and im wondering should i even apply? cos its really far from me, im in south south south london

i think it has some of the course i wanna do i havent looked at it properly yet.

ReputationRep:
    Not exactly Oxbridge is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InterCity125)
    I think that this is for college- she is in year 11 now.

ReputationRep:
    excuse me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    I think that this is for college- she is in year 11 now.
    Oh! okay - I thought is was something else. What's wrong with her school? It is quite good if you can stay on at a good school, as the teachers know you and you don't have to settle in again.

ReputationRep:
    Oh! okay - I thought is was something else. What's wrong with her school? It is quite good if you can stay on at a good school, as the teachers know you and you don't have to settle in again.
    Perhaps they know HER, so I guess leaving would be a good thing:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Perhaps they know HER, so I guess leaving would be a good thing:p:
    Depends how you get on with them I suppose. I could have got a large scholarship to the local private school after my GCSEs, but stayed on at the Grammar as I didn't want to settle into a new place (plus my school got better results). It takes a term to settle in, in which you work will be affected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    i just got a propectus for kingston college and im wondering should i even apply? cos its really far from me, im in south south south london

i think it has some of the course i wanna do i havent looked at it properly yet.
    Kingston isn't that far?! I'm in south London... Kingston's great for shopping How far south is "south south south London"? :p:

ReputationRep:
    hey some guy please write me i am so bored on here 17 f iowa

ReputationRep:
    You're year 11?

I thought you went to Croydon college?

If that's your manor, there's loads round here. Croydon college, Coulsdon college, John Ruskin, Reigate, Carshalton college... not forgetting Sutton and Croydon borough school sixth forms. Or maybe going up towards Streatham, Lewisham, etc... All much easier to get to..

What courses do you want to do?

And what towns are easy for you to get to by bus/train

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashleybomb2009)
    hey some guy please write me i am so bored on here 17 f iowa
    ...You what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    ...You what?
    im bored because noone will write to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashleybomb2009)
    im bored because noone will write to me
    why not just get involved in the discussions rather than making off topic 'asl' posts? Get to know people that way?

I dunno, those sorts of posts/threads just don't seem to work here...

Now, to stay on topic:

(I'm bored, OK)
    Croydon schools/colleges
    Sutton secondary schools
    Carshalton College
    Kingston upon Thames schools
    Kingston College
    Reigate collge
    Southwark Council
    Lewisham Online
    Lambeth Council

I got bored of trawling, so the last three you can look, if you like.

ReputationRep:
    well the tsunami topic is kind cool my friends dad is helping them over there
    my story is that i am a senior at school and i came onto this site to talk to someone i will eb attending Western Iowa Tech Community College in 2006. so yeah

ReputationRep:
    Are your warnings for spam/off topic chat?

This isn't really a chat thread, to be fair. You should PM if you want to chat to individuals, and avoid changing topic like that too. Just join in with conversations in threads, rather than changing topic halfway through.

ReputationRep:
    nope

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna move this to PM...

ReputationRep:

It doesnt hurt to apply . This way you can keep your options open.

:congrats: :party: :champ:

ReputationRep:
    Lucky for her. I feel sorry for the majority of oxbridge students.

ReputationRep:

Go for it dude!!! You can achieve anything if you are willing to put your mind to it!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2005
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.